How can we (R2R & YOU) help each other more in 2021? HELP ME, HELP YOU!

Can R2R improve in ways to help make reefing easier for you?

• Yes (please tell us how in the thread)

Votes: 73 38.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 92 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another idea.....on another site I can drop a page or a reference into a "shoebox" so I don't have to search for it over the entire site again. It would be nice to save a particularly wise post in a "personal folder" for quick, easy reference later.

on man i really like this. I have 3 R2R tabs open as we speak. 2 of witch are the amazing wrasse mixing threads by evolved. love this idea a digital R2R file cabinet with folder system for all your important threads you want to use as reference.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another idea.....on another site I can drop a page or a reference into a "shoebox" so I don't have to search for it over the entire site again. It would be nice to save a particularly wise post in a "personal folder" for quick, easy reference later.

on man i really like this. I have 3 R2R tabs open as we speak. 2 of witch are the amazing wrasse mixing threads by evolved. love this idea a digital R2R file cabinet with folder system for all your important threads you want to use as reference.

Hey I think we have what you're talking about now.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The site is very good as is for a forum. If I would seek to add anything it would be a kind of monthly/quarterly "magazine" feature. Just something to satisfy that itch to read something since so much of the periodical world has gone away. Yes, I do read the "articles" section, so am aware of that. Just would be fun. Maybe just set up a link with one of the current periodicals that may be struggling? Dunno, just an idea.

I think that's an awesome Idea, might be hard to set up but it would be awesome to get a quarterly digital "Magazine" of some kind showcasing articles relating to a particular topic/s.

Wrong side of the bed this morning :p IDK, I see a thread like this posted every few months but it atleast seems like nothing is ever done with the ideas presented. And there have been quite a few good ideas posted over the span of all these threads. And I know it does take time to implement any changes however my faith has been ever so slightly dwindling.....

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think that's an awesome Idea, might be hard to set up but it would be awesome to get a quarterly digital "Magazine" of some kind showcasing articles relating to a particular topic/s.

Wrong side of the bed this morning :p IDK, I see a thread like this posted every few months but it atleast seems like nothing is ever done with the ideas presented. And there have been quite a few good ideas posted over the span of all these threads. And I know it does take time to implement any changes however my faith has been ever so slightly dwindling.....

We all have those mornings! But ya we post something like this a few times a year and then take ideas and complaints and try to implement where we can and according to how the software works and what we think is best. So it's not like you're just "spitting in the wind" so to speak! ;)

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only 'complaint' is when you click the 'whats new' tab you get all the selling and trading threads on there as well as everything else, if i was interested in buying or selling i would visit the buying and selling forum, when i click 'whats new' i want to see what new posts there are about reefing, not buying and selling.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a complaint... just the thing I say "I wish" to more often than not...
many of us are on here every day or several times a week. I have been neglectful of my build thread. I have also seen the question soooooooooo many times "what are your parameters?" It would be spectacular of there was some sort of tab on a build thread or a separate badge that one could keep a spreadsheet of parameters. It would eliminate an extra step for members, as we could update while we are here anyway. More importantly, it could document historical data for fellow reefers to help diagnose a problem for a fellow reefer or to replicate parameters of a tank you are following. (watch, learn, repeat.) Granted - some folks have Apex or such but not everyone has an automated tracking system, so we keep it old school. This just feels like a valuable place to store that info... and it would encourage better updates on the build threads.

Last edited:

BigSkyRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know most of you like R2R, heck some of you love it! That's good because we love you too! ;)

BUT let's not talk about the love right now, but rather let's talk about how Reef2Reef can help you and how you can help the Reef2Reef community more in 2021!

1. How can Reef2Reef help you be a better reefer in 2021?

2. How can YOU help Reef2Reef be a better community in 2021?

We're reading and really going to break down your thoughts, your ideas and anything else you post!

Tom Cruise Help GIF by MOODMAN
Absolutely - how about a free monthly subscription for copepods? :)

View Badges
I know it’s not a big deal but...
I think when people ask for product recommendations a poll should be automatically created so that instead of going through the whole thread and counting votes, then you can see the tally at the top of the thread... new options can be added by people answering not jus the op

Colinpologordon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best way is a mobile app ... I get a email every day but it means logging on etc an app you can simply upload photos share things easier... obviously I know there is a cost in getting it up and running but I think most of us here would be willing to pay a small fee for it ...

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a complaint... just the thing I say "I wish" to more often than not...
many of us are on here every day or several times a week. I have been neglectful of my build thread. I have also seen the question soooooooooo many times "what are your parameters?" It would be spectacular of there was some sort of tab on a build thread or a separate badge that one could keep a spreadsheet of parameters. It would eliminate an extra step for members, as we could update while we are here anyway. More importantly, it could document historical data for fellow reefers to help diagnose a problem for a fellow reefer or to replicate parameters of a tank you are following. (watch, learn, repeat.) Granted - some folks have Apex or such but not everyone has an automated tracking system, so we keep it old school. This just feels like a valuable place to store that info... and it would encourage better updates on the build threads.
I can agree with you about the data...., and the spreadsheet, and all about the specs, but there exist few online platforms which aren't for free, as they need huge amount of performances and they are a bit different level instead of forum (which is different platform), I don't say they can't be addressed or implemented, but isn't going to be easy.
Because of that are the signatures I think and everyone who actually want to use something like (I pay ££ per year for such a platforms), they aren't easy to be maintained, so someone have to pay for that we to have it here, for support, for extra CPU power, for additional support etc ...
I personally use this one aquacalculator, and it have APP for Android and for iOS (mobile), for Windows and MAC OS as well, isn't bad but it's german one I think and not all there is completely translated (support few languages). Know and few more, but that's the only one I use at the moment, because I use Android and iOS mob. device and MAC OS as well, like Windows. Can't find another which can support all OSes.
But yes, the Idea is really good.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best way is a mobile app ... I get a email every day but it means logging on etc an app you can simply upload photos share things easier... obviously I know there is a cost in getting it up and running but I think most of us here would be willing to pay a small fee for it ...
I think everyone who pay to be supporter member is contributing one way or another exactly for that, the platform and the forum to be improved. Like and the Partner members as well.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s not a big deal but...
I think when people ask for product recommendations a poll should be automatically created so that instead of going through the whole thread and counting votes, then you can see the tally at the top of the thread... new options can be added by people answering not jus the op
I think then it will come a bit mess with the OP, because think if few people open that polls what will happen? And the poll system exist you know, just is under the OP control.

Bizzie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know most of you like R2R, heck some of you love it! That's good because we love you too! ;)

BUT let's not talk about the love right now, but rather let's talk about how Reef2Reef can help you and how you can help the Reef2Reef community more in 2021!

We're reading and really going to break down your thoughts, your ideas and anything else you post!

I’m in the 2nd month of my 1st reef tank so it’s still FOLR for now. I anticipate adding 1st test corals in another month ( as I see some evidence of coralline algae). To that end, I am certain R2R will be an invaluable resource for information from coral selection, to placement, to water parameters etc.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can agree with you about the data...., and the spreadsheet, and all about the specs, but there exist few online platforms which aren't for free, as they need huge amount of performances and they are a bit different level instead of forum (which is different platform), I don't say they can't be addressed or implemented, but isn't going to be easy.
Because of that are the signatures I think and everyone who actually want to use something like (I pay ££ per year for such a platforms), they aren't easy to be maintained, so someone have to pay for that we to have it here, for support, for extra CPU power, for additional support etc ...
I personally use this one aquacalculator, and it have APP for Android and for iOS (mobile), for Windows and MAC OS as well, isn't bad but it's german one I think and not all there is completely translated (support few languages). Know and few more, but that's the only one I use at the moment, because I use Android and iOS mob. device and MAC OS as well, like Windows. Can't find another which can support all OSes.
But yes, the Idea is really good.
Not saying that it has to store years worth of data but a recent history that everyone can review and share would have it's benefits. To offset cost, perhaps this would be a Partner or Supporter level benefit? It's just a thinking out loud suggestion.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish you guys had an app, that would make it easier to go through on the phone vs. searching on the web.
Forum on an app isn't easy to be done the proper way, it will be very restrictive or will need really to much support to be done properly. The mobile version is good enough (just check on your phone browse do you use it under mobile or desktop version).

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I very disappointed nobody replied back with
Renee Zellweger Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Or
jerry maguire GIF by Jerology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back