How can we (R2R & YOU) help each other more in 2021? HELP ME, HELP YOU!

Can R2R improve in ways to help make reefing easier for you?

• Yes (please tell us how in the thread)

Votes: 73 38.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 92 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;StopWHO CARES.. race,religion,orientation,i am me,you are you ,we are here to ,HELP OTHERS,MAKE FRIENDS,HAVE A LIL FUN....sorry...
vote more emoji's and sad should get reaction point...;)
That's it mate, that's it! I was trying to say it, but with more words... and probably from all become some confusion.
We are what we are and that's it :)
Have to get more Emoji's xD ;)

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally love this site. Full of knowledgeable and friendly people who just want to see your tank succeed! I’m so glad it’s growing. No one in my household/friend group shares my interest in marine life, so this site gives me an outlet and way to talk to others who share that passion. This way I’m not rambling on and on to my wife about the nitrogen cycle, or how cool this unknown invert is, etc.. She does a good job of pretending to be interested though! Haha

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree Help me out here. Maybe we could amend the TOS to read "Threads dedicated to the discussion of race, religion, sexual orientation, or political affiliation will not be allowed. Nor will debate on these topics be allowed." Or something like that. No one should feel censored from sharing who they are from the group, and I hope that the vast majority don't. I've seen posts where one's sexual orientation (traditional and otherwise) was mentioned within a thread or in the "Meet and Greet" section without a problem. I've also used the term "God bless." I personally think that's fine as long as it doesn't derail the discussion.

We all have our own lifestyles, opinions, biases and beliefs. We all face our own challenges as best we can. The one thing that brings us all together is our love of reefing. I think the intent of this portion of the TOS is to focus on what brings us together as an all inclusive community, and avoid that which could divide us.

One last thing. The prayer thread. I hope every one of us will understand that this is not a push on religion. This is simply one very good man/family providing comfort to our members when they need it most. Regardless of ANY orientation or affiliation. @revhtree, don't you dare consider taking that away from us!

I usually don't get into the controversial subjects, but felt this was important enough to put in my two cents.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree Help me out here. Maybe we could amend the TOS to read "Threads dedicated to the discussion of race, religion, sexual orientation, or political affiliation will not be allowed. Nor will debate on these topics be allowed." Or something like that. No one should feel censored from sharing who they are from the group, and I hope that the vast majority don't. I've seen posts where one's sexual orientation (traditional and otherwise) was mentioned within a thread or in the "Meet and Greet" section without a problem. I've also used the term "God bless." I personally think that's fine as long as it doesn't derail the discussion.

We all have our own lifestyles, opinions, biases and beliefs. We all face our own challenges as best we can. The one thing that brings us all together is our love of reefing. I think the intent of this portion of the TOS is to focus on what brings us together as an all inclusive community, and avoid that which could divide us.

One last thing. The prayer thread. I hope every one of us will understand that this is not a push on religion. This is simply one very good man/family providing comfort to our members when they need it most. Regardless of ANY orientation or affiliation. @revhtree, don't you dare consider taking that away from us!

I usually don't get into the controversial subjects, but felt this was important enough to put in my two cents.
Thank, really thanks for your Words, Can't outstand it better, because that's what I'm trying to say, but please excuse my english, for the .... sake, what a limitation and confusions from non proper saying the "things" ;)
for sure I sound stupidly now and then.., using too much words for something simple and basic, and when I sit to do it at 4am...
Nevermind,the reefing is all what I want to see usually here in the forum, some other things like in the offtopic forum are exceptional and out of the base here.
Let keep the forum clear for everyone and meet all the requirements for all reefers like we do usually ;)

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With regards to the removed thread I respectfully submit that it simply could have been moved to the Lounge and been fine as long as it stayed friendly. Non-reefing related discussion is exactly what the Lounge is about. Threads there about Christmas trees, pets, woodworking, hunting....
And I agree, if we're going to allow some, we have to allow all, or allow none.
This is Rev's platform so it will inevitably be up to him and I respect that, but I just hope enough opinions get expressed to help him with an informed decision.

- D

TruckerTami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allowing those of us who want to connect to others like us would be nice instead of subtly being discriminated against and having religious views pushed down our throats and being silenced when we try to find others like us would be great. I respect others “beliefs” but I do not accept being silenced because someone else interprets a book a different way then the next person.

I understand there are many people in this hobby that I would not get a long with in real life because they think of our differences are enough to hate me , and I typically leave them be, but I sure wish some of them would do the same and leave me be as well. I have friends of all different types, and we do not have these issues because we got to know and accept each other. I have never had to force anyone to like me, either they do or they don’t.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make us better Reefers?

How about you actually promote fundamental reef practices that are proven vs being a passive blog for sites like BRS and selling gear? I dont need to be able to read my dKH at 3 digits precision if I'm not smart enough to realize pre mixed 'buffer' in a fancy bottle is just baking soda dissolved in water.

Also, might help if your esteemed moderators owned a reef tank.

Before I get flamed....you asked.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only nitpick/suggestion is that giveaways from sponsors should not have Facebook and instagram requirements on R2R. They should be bonus entries if you want, but not requirements. There are many giveaways us partners that have no desire to have facebook accounts just can't participate in.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing that I can think of to "Help you help me" would be a way to instantly see my post on a thread. I am mainly thinking of the contest threads where there are several contests running at the same time with pages and pages of entries. I often get forgetful as to which bonuses I have completed on which contest.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only nitpick/suggestion is that giveaways from sponsors should not have Facebook and instagram requirements on R2R. They should be bonus entries if you want, but not requirements. There are many giveaways us partners that have no desire to have facebook accounts just can't participate in.
Partially I agree with that about the social medias, but that's the thing, the sponsor system is the sponsors to get advertised and for that advertising they pay the price. Some of the sponsors have this and this requirements, another sponsors have different (it's up to them what's better working for them, or them needs).
So that's the point if you want to have the chance they want you to help them with that "free" advertising, and this days, nothing better than the socials medias.
Me as a small computer shop (mainly services), for me is best working when the people spread about me in the social medias to can others see and get understanding about me, that way they do use my services ( like a "free" advertising), sometimes I pay the price with discounts, that's the same like the sponsors and the "free" giveaways, we have to get understand that nothing is completely free. For example @revhtree have to pay huge amount of money yearly to can that forum exist. since the beginning that's huge amount..., and only the people who wish to donate/participate in as a sponsors or partnership are helping him (and the rest of the community) to have this platform and forum such a good place and to exist. Yearly for only website on proper server have to pay near $400+, and I can say for the R2R is similar or even more, for the sponsors they pay huge amount for advertising and the giveaways are helping them a bit.
So it's up to them in that case, when you want to get something for free (which most of the times worth few hundreds, sometimes more $$$..., so advertising them with sheering/spreading in the social medias is little price we have to "pay" to have a chance to win the prize.

P.S. I know it's a bit longer what I wrote, but hope and prefer to be clear and understandable for everyone. And I done it, because Isn't 1st time I see similar requirements, and they aren't by the forum or @revhtree .I think it's fear. And yes can see where you come from, because many people are away from the social medias ike FB/insta/twitter etc ....

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hear you on this. I do want to say that as much as possible, I try to set these where the official/initial entry doesn't have a social media requirement. However, this is ultimately up to the sponsor running the giveaway, but knowing some people don't have FB or IG, I try to keep the initial requirement something that's easy to do without any social media other than R2R. In any case, I'm glad we have great sponsors who provide giveaways for our community, but I did want you to know we do take this into consideration wherever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back