How close can acros safely be placed on a frag rack?

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have a bunch of nice acros I bought around black friday and have had them in my frag tank to grow out some before moving them to my display. They are slow growers it seems, so may be there for a little while before I end up moving them to my display. I've had them spaced out maybe 2-3" apart from eachother, but there's like 15 of them so they've been taking up a good bit of space in my frag tank. How safe is it to put them almost right next to eachother on the rack? is 1" apart far enough to keep any fighting from happening? I really don't want to have any issues with them as they are nice acros, but would like if I could consolidate them a bit and free up some more space in my tank for other frags.

Zoas I've never had any issue keeping so close they touch, but have had some SPS/LPA sting eachother, so don't know what the limit is for them.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the acros themselves don't touch each other they will be good. I keep some grow outs on full frag racks with no issues. Just keep LPS and certain SPS with sweepers away from the acros.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,

I have a bunch of nice acros I bought around black friday and have had them in my frag tank to grow out some before moving them to my display. They are slow growers it seems, so may be there for a little while before I end up moving them to my display. I've had them spaced out maybe 2-3" apart from eachother, but there's like 15 of them so they've been taking up a good bit of space in my frag tank. How safe is it to put them almost right next to eachother on the rack? is 1" apart far enough to keep any fighting from happening? I really don't want to have any issues with them as they are nice acros, but would like if I could consolidate them a bit and free up some more space in my tank for other frags.

Zoas I've never had any issue keeping so close they touch, but have had some SPS/LPA sting eachother, so don't know what the limit is for them.
My racks are jam packed of acros and as long as they don’t touch, you should have no issues
0E2D2E40-AFFE-4B99-91F3-8F7745C327E0.jpeg
EBEFB748-4E44-487F-A2F7-2682700D5E05.jpeg
D42DF40F-E175-4468-9370-BF5A3C4A22D5.jpeg

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the acros themselves don't touch each other they will be good. I keep some grow outs on full frag racks with no issues. Just keep LPS and certain SPS with sweepers away from the acros.
Just to add on Sps with sweepers. This means no Pavona, Leptoseris and Hydnophora (i guess some classify this as a SPS).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back