How did that happen.......there is a 260 gallon aquarium in our walkout basement family room now....Not anymore

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to restart my refugium, after dosing vibrant. Even after stopping dosing it for over a month newly added cheto still melted. So I had GHA and Cyano in the refugium..... It was time to clean it out.....now I have to decide if I want to try again.... Looks like a photograph of a nebula, but it’s a top down shot of my refugium section of the sump.....
D43B052E-BADD-4CF5-AAA5-7706ECC1372B.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still figuring out how to get good full tank shots. Here is a new attempt. Really happy currently were I’m at with the tank. GHA and other Algae are in check. Nutrients are now in a range that are good (0.08 PO4, 5 ppm NO3) all other parameters good too. The only thing I struggle with is the apex ph readings wich are 0.6 pH off the calibration solution. Still increasing the length of the peak intentisity period, but I adjust that really slow.

938BB817-FC28-461B-B347-013299815F38.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my apex pH probe was reading low and tried to get it calibrated multiple times of the last year. Finally, I got it done in away that it reads the calibration fluids correctly after calibration.

Seems like that the you have to do manual calibration from the local dashboard and not from fusion to get it to work!

3520C101-CE85-4F88-AB60-420F9E0523FF.png

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to improve my reef tank picture taking skills on some recent additions. I really have to invest into some orange filter. Pics we’re taken at the end of the day when my spectrum shifts over to more blue and ramping down. Not ideal either.

D321D8FC-E939-4FE0-AB8F-19CB57331CFD.jpeg 69119319-8D58-4906-91A3-295985E1EAB7.jpeg 9FC56784-DC5D-4A4A-A182-D217D240F82B.jpeg 50FA4DC0-E9A9-47A6-8C61-A4C014980880.jpeg 61341417-95AF-4D90-ADD8-50424EB562F0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now with an almost complete fish load my skimmer started to pull significant more skimmate over the last couple of month. The lifereef skimmer is doing a good job. However, I wish now I would have gone with the optional 8 inch collection cup and not the standard 6 inch. I had to empty it out once if not twice a week. Well, the other solution was to put a skimmate locker on it, and that is what I did. Really enjoy the @AVAST Marine products thus far. I had to mode the cable as I ordered it with the Apex interface connector and that gives you a 3ft mini Din connector. Switched out with a two wire shielded cable and made it long enough to get it to the break out box connector on the other side of the wall. Did a pressure switch test and set up alert in Apex to let me know when locker is full. Waiting now to see how long it will take to fill the bucket.....

A098565A-64B0-459F-A0C7-27CE32EA1157.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some issues with my Apex not communicated correctly to fusion through my hardwired network at home. Long story short over on the neptune community forum @SuncrestReef took up my plea for help! Turns out my Sonos system racked havoc on my network. Once restarted everything is in order, just drove me nuts for a few days that I couldn't figure it out. So tip my had to suncrestreef!!!!

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very excited to have this guy in QT. Was on my list of fish that I would like to introduce to my system. Was very hesitant as I was not successful in a previous attempt. This fellow however...... he/she was dancing a tango with a yellow tang hold is own at an LFS. That caught my interest and after observing him for a while it was clear that I didn't have a choice. He/she is in QT now for 3 days and getting boulder and boulder chasing the food offered. Not even bothered by one of our cats that seems to have developed a keen curiosity into this particular fish

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have some trouble with some corals that started to develop STN. Don't really know what causing it, but is for sure frustrating. One is the green slimmer that I had since march this year and did really well. Suddenly the green fluorescence started to fad and after a couple of days tissue started to recede in spots. Another one I also had for almost the same time and did well. Here no fading of color but just a starting to loose tissue. A recent addition - purple stylo, just started to loose tissue. I will post more about this in the next couple of days. In general my parameter seems relatively stable, so I do not not the cause. Will have to investigate and think about it more.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some issues with my Apex not communicated correctly to fusion through my hardwired network at home. Long story short over on the neptune community forum @SuncrestReef took up my plea for help! Turns out my Sonos system racked havoc on my network. Once restarted everything is in order, just drove me nuts for a few days that I couldn't figure it out. So tip my had to suncrestreef!!!!

Glad you worked it out, and thanks for tagging me. I hadn't seen your build thread before. Beautiful tank!

Always happy to help with Apex issues. If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at my Apex Tutorials here on R2R: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials.700483/

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I’m late to this party. Awesome build though, and pretty similar to what I’m trying to do (I want a 240 but may well end up bigger). And even more awesome that you’re also in the Indianapolis area! (I get way too excited knowing there are fellow Hoosiers in here lol)

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I’m late to this party. Awesome build though, and pretty similar to what I’m trying to do (I want a 240 but may well end up bigger). And even more awesome that you’re also in the Indianapolis area! (I get way too excited knowing there are fellow Hoosiers in here lol)
Thanks man! Yes there are a few of us here on Reef2Reef and the INDMAS side! Hosted this years Feb club meeting. If it would not be for the current circumstances I would say come by and check it out in person....

How did you get the INDMAS Badge?

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! Yes there are a few of us here on Reef2Reef and the INDMAS side! Hosted this years Feb club meeting. If it would not be for the current circumstances I would say come by and check it out in person....

How did you get the INDMAS Badge?

I joined INDMAS while trying to set up my first attempt at a build (the 120g) But by the time I was getting close enough to completing my build COVID hit. But I yeah, after I joined INDMAS, I spoke to @4FordFamily who is also a member and happens to live in the same city/town as I do, and he made it happen. I’m a paying member. Just haven’t been able to make it to any meetings due to recent events lol

ironically my better half gave me the green light to go bigger than a 120 so now I’m slowly trying to set up a 96x24x24 240. Since we’re buying a house I’ve been given an entire room for the tank. And she didn’t bat an eye at such a large tank sooo....lol

but yeah, I’d love to get to see your system if you’d let me when things calm down. Your build is ironically very similar to how I’m envisioning mine. So I’m sure I could learn a lot from you and the other INDMAS members on here

edit: just speak to 4ford and I’m sure he’d be more than happy to get your badge situation sorted

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined INDMAS while trying to set up my first attempt at a build (the 120g) But by the time I was getting close enough to completing my build COVID hit. But I yeah, after I joined INDMAS, I spoke to @4FordFamily who is also a member and happens to live in the same city/town as I do, and he made it happen. I’m a paying member. Just haven’t been able to make it to any meetings due to recent events lol

ironically my better half gave me the green light to go bigger than a 120 so now I’m slowly trying to set up a 96x24x24 240. Since we’re buying a house I’ve been given an entire room for the tank. And she didn’t bat an eye at such a large tank sooo....lol

but yeah, I’d love to get to see your system if you’d let me when things calm down. Your build is ironically very similar to how I’m envisioning mine. So I’m sure I could learn a lot from you and the other INDMAS members on here

edit: just speak to 4ford and I’m sure he’d be more than happy to get your badge situation sorted
Thanks for the pointer! Well sounds like she is a keeper! Let’s see how things go.....

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeltedCoyote Should have mention let me know if you have any questions. PM me and we can set up something virtual if you want!

i figure I’m at least a year out on my build at this point, but nonetheless thank you! I’ll try and and organize the questions I have in the coming weeks and get in touch. In the meantime I’ll continue reading your building and following your continuing progress!

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t updated my build threat in a while, well it was summer and the tank was not a major priority. Will give a more detailed update later. However, I’m currently very happy how the tank looks and behaves. Attended our local INDMAS monthly club meeting last weekend. It was our yearly RETRO Swamp meeting. No Tanks, no lights, just corals and coolers.... Thought I share my haul, all corals from local club members, not bad right?

89FC0B50-6BCA-474F-9346-2B0E94935A78.jpeg

Back