How do I approach customizing an AI preset schedule for my tank?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow saltines,

Today is the first full run through of my AI Prime, using Saxby, on my 5g (in acclimation mode).

My question is: If I like everything about the Saxby preset then is there a calculator or general scaling formula related to tank depth? Ex: I read that David Saxby's tank is 4' deep. If mine is just 1' deep should I adjust intensity down by 75% and then maybe a bit more accounting for my light being about 10" from the surface vs however high David has his off his tank? I would assume running full Saxby might burn my corals? I just have softies at the moment.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need a PAR meter to adjust to your tank. You can modify the intensity of the whole schedule at once (use 2 fingers on the screen and slide the whole thing up/down), but you can't guess what your light on your tank is going to produce (PAR-wise) compared to his lights on his tank.

You need to find someone with the same light on the same tank as you that HAS PAR tested their tank (and hope you're close), or you'll have to test your own tank and adjust accordingly.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need a PAR meter to adjust to your tank. You can modify the intensity of the whole schedule at once (use 2 fingers on the screen and slide the whole thing up/down), but you can't guess what your light on your tank is going to produce (PAR-wise) compared to his lights on his tank.

You need to find someone with the same light on the same tank as you that HAS PAR tested their tank (and hope you're close), or you'll have to test your own tank and adjust accordingly.
Thanks! I will look into this.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back