How do I attach Toadstool to frag plug?

Emarley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I’ve got a toadstool frag that I attached to rock on frag plug that was doing well but now doesn’t seem happy where it is so want to move it to a different part of tank.
Problem is I stuck it with milliput, tried getting a screwdriver behind the plug to pop it off but it’s not moving.
If I take a razor blade and remove the toadstool from the plug what’s the best way to attach it to a new plug?
Is there anyway to stick it or do I need to use an elastic band?
Sorry if this is a really basic question but only 6 months into the hobby and not done this before so any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dom

C654EE01-0F35-4B41-B0C6-B3B02CD3CD52.jpeg EDA9F93F-807F-4F50-86ED-5A0531FDFEA3.jpeg

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple ways I've used for this and other leathers:
- A sewing needle and monofilament fishing line
- Skewer it with a toothpick and hold in place with a rubber band
- There exists a 3d-printed "cap" for 3/4" frag plugs that holds frags in place, won some at macna but have not tried them out yet.
With any of these options, IMO it is easier to use a piece of rubble rather than a frag plug. Good luck, leathers are some of the easiest corals to frag imo, particularly with the toothpick method.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all that plug doesn't look THAT secure. Depending on how secure the rock work is you could probably pull it off with pliers. Or if the rock is small enough take it out of the tank and give the screwdriver a good hit with a hammer.

If neither of those are possible you should be able to get it off with a sharp blade. If you can get 99-100% of it off the plug the bottom should be flat and hard enough to simply glue on another plug. In general toadstools are not as hard to attach as other pieces. Just make sure it has little to no flow until it reattaches better. After a day or so it should be good.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't move it. Leave it in place and wait for it to be happy where it is at. If was happy before it will be again unless something changed?

OP
OP
Emarley

Emarley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the replies, will be doing some tank maintenance tomorrow so decide what im going to do then.

Back