How do I build tank?

FriendoFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay this is kinda a long story but I’ll try to keep it short. I helped my mom set up a small 5 gallon Fluval Spec coral and shrimp only tank over the summer. Now she wants to get some fish, so I convinced her to upgrade to a larger tank with the Petco $1 per gallon sale going on.

The thing is, I have absolutely no idea how to install false walls or drill a tank or attach pumps or anything like that because I’ve always kept AIO tanks that have that done for me. I’d like to do all this myself because it’s a skill I’d like to learn, but I can’t seem to find any resources that explain how to do it. So, can someone explain to me how to drill a tank or link me to some resources? Also, how long does it normally take because I have to get the tank set up and starting to cycle before I go back to college in August?

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay this is kinda a long story but I’ll try to keep it short. I helped my mom set up a small 5 gallon Fluval Spec coral and shrimp only tank over the summer. Now she wants to get some fish, so I convinced her to upgrade to a larger tank with the Petco $1 per gallon sale going on.

The thing is, I have absolutely no idea how to install false walls or drill a tank or attach pumps or anything like that because I’ve always kept AIO tanks that have that done for me. I’d like to do all this myself because it’s a skill I’d like to learn, but I can’t seem to find any resources that explain how to do it. So, can someone explain to me how to drill a tank or link me to some resources? Also, how long does it normally take because I have to get the tank set up and starting to cycle before I go back to college in August?
YouTube search BRSTV they drilled a tank couple years back. Maybe u can search in their channel about drilling.

Erichk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fiji cube makes an AIO insert, to me it would be a lot easier to silicone one in over drilling the tank. Here is a link to what they offer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back