How do I connect my MP 40 to Mobius to control it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an MP 40 that I bought in November 2018. It is wireless quiet drive.

I do not have reef link.

I just downloaded Mobius, installed it, ran it, but it could not find my MP 40. After I named my tank and click next, it then tries to locate devices but it could not find any.

What am I doing wrong?

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might not be mobius compatible, you might have to swap the wifi chip with the new chip. From what ive been told everything manufactured from 2018 on is supposed to be compatible. Now that being said my 2019 radion G4s were not without chip upgrades, either were my mp10s QD upgraded in 2018.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only the beta will and that requires the correct chip to be in the MP40. Basically, the consumer version of Mobis controls only the new Radion Gen 5 and Versa pumps.

OP
OP
C

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I have to wait for the final Mobius version to come out to see if my MP 40 that I bought in November 2018 will work with Mobius.

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I have to wait for the final Mobius version to come out to see if my MP 40 that I bought in November 2018 will work with Mobius.

Well, you can open the driver and look if the RF wireless module is black color. Black RF is compatible with Mobius.

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so I have five brand new xr 30g4 pros Aug. 19 date code and the one that I have opened has a black chip and it will not connect to mobius.

Oz_Puffy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have MP10W’s, pre-2018. Do they even have a chip in them to be upgraded? Assuming mobius gets configured to even drive them.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have five brand new xr 30g4 pros Aug. 19 date code and the one that I have opened has a black chip and it will not connect to mobius.
I have MP10W’s, pre-2018. Do they even have a chip in them to be upgraded? Assuming mobius gets configured to even drive them.
Regarding lights only G5 are available on Mobius right now, it’s a stepped roll out to deal with any issues easier, pumps were a short while back, lights will be in the very near future.

If your pump is a WES then yes it has a chip, but even if it doesn’t you can add one....if you have a reeflink click the info tab on ESL to see what chip or simply open the controller, it’s 3 screws and then visible so nothing to worry about regarding opening it. I have a 6 year old MP40 upgraded and on Mobius.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean not on the mobius list yet? Is the app slowly being rolled out as a update?

Yes - the “update legacy devices” option is appearing for people in a stepped manor.... I guess it’s to control the amount using it in case of any issues... ie, a friend had it a few weeks before myself. Just boot the app regularly to see.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back