How do i fill, and adjust pump speed?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, Im completely new to the hobby. I currently own a marine x60.2 tank. The tank is already filled with sand, and rocks. And it's ready to be filled. Now as new hobbiest to the saltwater world i am nervous about filling it. i have the vectra s2, is there any guide on the filling? like do i fill the sump first or tank first, and then the tank fills the sump? and when i fill it, How do i know the right pump speed for me?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, Im completely new to the hobby. I currently own a marine x60.2 tank. The tank is already filled with sand, and rocks. And it's ready to be filled. Now as new hobbiest to the saltwater world i am nervous about filling it. i have the vectra s2, is there any guide on the filling? like do i fill the sump first or tank first, and then the tank fills the sump? and when i fill it, How do i know the right pump speed for me?
If there’s nothing in it except sand and rocks doesn’t matter how you fill it just fill it with the least agitation of the sand so there’s less of a cloud some people like to put a dinner plate and the sand bed and let the water hit the dinner plate instead of spreading the sand all over

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just add salt water to the main tank and let the overflow fill your sump. Stop adding water when your return chamber in your sump has 3”-4” of water higher than your return pump. Then plug in your pump. As far as speed, see what happens when you plug it in. If it’s too fast, and you have a control nob on the pump or a ball valve then turn it down.

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having set up three systems with sumps, I’ve found the best method is to fill the tank until it flows into the sump, then fill the sump until the water is 1-2” from the top of the sump. Once full, turn the pump on low and monitor the water levels for several minutes before adjusting. Most of the time I run my pumps full power as my drains can handle the volume (by design).

Once the pumps are up and running, make note of the sump level. If the baffles are being bypassed, there’s too much water in the system. I’ve never had this issue myself.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back