How Do I Get This Thrice-Cursed Neptune ATK To Work?

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the 'Plug & Play' standalone mode. Currently the water level is about an inch below the optical sensors, which are plugged into the correct holes and pushed into their sockets as far as I can get them to go without using a hammer.

When I turn the power on the pump will run for 3 - 5 seconds before stopping. Power cycling doesn't help, neither does a paperclip reset. Piece of junk.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an apex to diagnose the ATK or is it standalone cause you don't have an apex?

The optical sensors do require infrequent cleaning about once a month or so or they can misread as covered with water. I have also had some fail on me. The newer V2 sensors have been better, but the original V1 sensors I had rust inside and fail in less than 1 year.

OP
OP
Mark Goode

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an apex to diagnose the ATK or is it standalone cause you don't have an apex?

The optical sensors do require infrequent cleaning about once a month or so or they can misread as covered with water. I have also had some fail on me. The newer V2 sensors have been better, but the original V1 sensors I had rust inside and fail in less than 1 year.
Thanks for your reply. I have an Apex, but as yet haven't had the inclination to try to program it. I suppose I should, it's not as if I'm a stranger to programming.

Anyway, searching the web for a few hours, I find many have asked about their pump shutting down after 3-5 seconds, but few have had an answer. Searching for PMUP issues alone, however, turned up what may be the answer: the PMUP has a 'run dry' sensor which turns it off it it's not submerged - after 3-5 seconds. Mines under 12" of water, but it's possible the sensor is faulty. I've a spare PMUP which I'll try this evening.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply. I have an Apex, but as yet haven't had the inclination to try to program it. I suppose I should, it's not as if I'm a stranger to programming.

Anyway, searching the web for a few hours, I find many have asked about their pump shutting down after 3-5 seconds, but few have had an answer. Searching for PMUP issues alone, however, turned up what may be the answer: the PMUP has a 'run dry' sensor which turns it off it it's not submerged - after 3-5 seconds. Mines under 12" of water, but it's possible the sensor is faulty. I've a spare PMUP which I'll try this evening.
Take the plunge. What the ATK is doing now is identical to the ATK task that walks you through the whole process. But doing so gives you the added benefit of seeing the state of the optical sensors, notifications when the ATK fails ON, and you can adjust or fine tune to your liking.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back