How do i glue more corals?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my question going to sound dumb. But i have the caribsea tree kit. And it doesnt have much space for flat surfaces. Is there anyway i can glue on an angle like not sitting the plug on the rock? And have the corals body glued on an angle. Im honesty not sure where do i place more corals..

Like i can place a frogspawn on top of that rock the green hammer one. But it would shade my duncan and the rest.

Screenshot_20230112_210652_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230112_210635_Gallery.jpg

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Break the peg part of any coral plug so it’s flat. Then use the glue / epoxy putty / glue method. Basically you use some glue to secure the epoxy to the frag. Then put a bit of glue on the opposite side of the putty and then “jam” the whole thing into a crevice where you want to place the frag. The glue makes things set faster and the putty helps to mold and secure to surfaces.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kind of same as above but I just use super glue. either break the coral off the plug or break the peg off the plug. Use a toothbrush to scrub the rock were you will glue. put a bunch of glue on the dry part and give it a second to tac up just a bit. then stick it to the rock and hold it for a minute. Bonus points if you can moosh any extruded glue around the base of the plug/coral. . . I will try to find some examples in my tank hold on. . .

here:

1673636210201.png

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back