How do I tell if my clowns have paired?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got to premium grade frostbite clowns. They spend most of the day exploring the tank not necessarily next to each other all the time. At night they sleep in the same place above my powerhead and when I put my hands in the tank to clean one of them murders my fingers while the other mock charges me. Ive seen them both do the clownfish seizure "twitch" thing they do so I know they're trying but I have no idea how to tell if they are paired since neither is significantly larger than the other for me to tell its become female. Theyre super tiny little guys btw, I got them as juveniles and I've had them maybe a month. They're like 1.25" long. Also, is the one murdering my hand normal? Theyre Ocellaris and I didn't think this species was super aggressive.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got to premium grade frostbite clowns. They spend most of the day exploring the tank not necessarily next to each other all the time. At night they sleep in the same place above my powerhead and when I put my hands in the tank to clean one of them murders my fingers while the other mock charges me. Ive seen them both do the clownfish seizure "twitch" thing they do so I know they're trying but I have no idea how to tell if they are paired since neither is significantly larger than the other for me to tell its become female. Theyre super tiny little guys btw, I got them as juveniles and I've had them maybe a month. They're like 1.25" long. Also, is the one murdering my hand normal? Theyre Ocellaris and I didn't think this species was super aggressive.
They can do twitching even if not as an act of submission. They are still pretty small, probs still figuring things out.

And yes, murdering your hand is normal, and a good sign. Shows they are feisty and I guess being themselves.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back