how do radiums run on lumateks???

what to do

• Total voters

spartanomega21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently have two DE 250w phoenix's running on lumateks and i am trying to decide if i should swap out my de reflectors for se reflectors and get radiums finally. the problem is i dont know how they would look running off of lumateks. ive heard they look good running off galaxy ballasts but also heard they look whiter with lumateks??

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for you.

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 400w radiums on dimmable lumatek and 250w phoenix on a hqi on the frag tank. The radiums only appear to be a little more blue, but the corals pop much more. My sps grows faster under the radiums.

I know this is not exactly what your asking, but it's the best I can offer.

OP
OP
spartanomega21

spartanomega21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks revhtree and dakotasreef. ive heard a few people who run them on lumateks and say they realy like them too. some say they run whiter but im guessing they will burn the same as on the galaxies? im currently in the search for a good set of used lumenmax elite se's but so far no luck.. if anyone is considering selling or know someone who is please let me know. thanks again

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run SE Radiums in Lumenbright reflectors on PFO HQI ballasts and Lumatek dimmables as well and they looked just as nice on both ballasts.

aquafrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will run a little more blue on the lumateks compared to HQI.

They will deffinitely make your colors pop if you have never run radiums before, over your tank.

OP
OP
spartanomega21

spartanomega21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the solid opinions everyone. just found a used set of elites to buy so i cant wait to try them out.

Back