How do you choose the right LED spectrum for your tank? | Reef FAQs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great vid as always. I just wish there was a built in setting on the radions. I have three XR30 w Gen Pro on my WaterBox 230 and there are so many programs out there. I can’t get rid of this now 3-4 growth of diatoms. I no sooner clean it off the glass it is back on the same day. No silicates, pho’s and nearly zero or at zero. I swear it has to be from the lights. Just give me a setting and let it go. Any suggestions. WWC sent me theirs but it was in a file format I can get opened.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video guys. What’s everyone’s opinion of the last segment they covered there, changing the spectrum throughout the day? I’m undecided, but looking for some successful stickheads to share their experiences.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video guys. What’s everyone’s opinion of the last segment they covered there, changing the spectrum throughout the day? I’m undecided, but looking for some successful stickheads to share their experiences.

I use this saw pattern to give the corals some rest periods, hopefully preventing photo inhibition mechanisms from kicking in.

During the dips, the white light (yellow line) drops more, like it happens when clouds pass by.

Screenshot_20190725-092740.jpg

Back