How do you clean your AIO chambers?

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
Just wondering what the AIO community are doing to clean their tank chambers. I have a Fiji Cube 38 Peninsula, and those chambers are pretty tight (plus the flow inverters within the chambers are impossible to get to). I bought one of those sponges-on-a-stick, but feel it's still not giving me the leverage to get the slime off the walls. And my arm won't fit all the way in to get to the bottom with a sponge.

So what techniques, tactics and tools do you use to clean out the gunk and scrub the chamber walls!

Ryan3313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a piece or pex flexible pipe attached to vinyl hose to get in the tuff to reach spaces on my jbj45. They make long scrapers for aquariums you could try. I just ordered a kent marine one from Amazon.

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google Auto Siphon on Amazon. Typically used for brewing beer but works great for small spaces

IanK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to turn off my pump, Turkey baste to stir everything up and use the mentioned auto siphon. Worked wonderfully

ReefChasers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I'm doing water changes on my 30 I just pump the new water into the tight spots, does a pretty good job of blasting everything out of there each week, pop in socks when I am done and let them do the work ;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back