How do you manage time for your aquariums?

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping aquariums is expensive, fun, and amazing! But, it is very time consuming...

I have recently caught myself not paying enough attention to my tanks, aka, forgetting to feed my clowns in the morning. I have a very busy schedule, juggling work, schooling, appointments, etc.

—-

How do you find time for your aquariums? Do you have a special schedule laid out for each day?

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do it yes GIF by Collider

Benjammin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have alarms on my phone to remind me. I also make a to do list that is ever changing.

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly every tank I have owned only requires 15 min a day and an hour a week to keep up on maintenance. If it’s important to you'll find time. Then I also spend my down time in front the tank.
^
60-90 mins a week pretty much covers it. I spend more time than that staring at it.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping aquariums is expensive, fun, and amazing! But, it is very time consuming...

I have recently caught myself not paying enough attention to my tanks, aka, forgetting to feed my clowns in the morning. I have a very busy schedule, juggling work, schooling, appointments, etc.

—-

How do you find time for your aquariums? Do you have a special schedule laid out for each day?
I focus on setting up the aquarium in a way that it can kinda handle itself for a while without needing much significant maintenance. So mainly it just is about feeding each day.

If you are busy, you can also get an auto-feeder. And then you ain't gotta do much at all. XD

Apollo7235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work full time, am going to school to become a geneticist, have a 6-month old, a husband to keep happy, a household to maintain, a senior Great Dane, a St. Bernard with Addison’s disease, and somehow, I have managed to fit in reefing....... But hey, +1 on if it’s important to you, you’ll find the time! ;)

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get yr tank to a point where you just feed it / dose what you need takes 10 mins and all lights are on timers

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly every tank I have owned only requires 15 min a day and an hour a week to keep up on maintenance. If it’s important to you'll find time. Then I also spend my down time in front the tank.

This has been my experience. 5 minutes a day to feed (plus auto feeder). 5 minutes every 3 or 4 days to clean glass. 30-60 minutes on the weekend to change water, pluck algae, clean skimmer, etc.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can kind of look at reefing in the same way some people look at working out.

If you keep at it, and get the routine going, it kind of just becomes part of your normal life. Something that you're used to doing, and don't feel quite right if you don't. Even if you have to squeeze it in when ever you can.

Once you start to let the routine slip, it gets harder to get back up to speed. It takes a little more mental effort to get back into the routine.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back