How exactly does the ramping work on the K7 Pro?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

colossal_tater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering exactly how the ramping works on the K7 pro. If I have 5 hours between two data points, will it adjust smoothly between those two points over the whole 5 hours? Or will it start ramping an hour before the next set point?

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering exactly how the ramping works on the K7 pro. If I have 5 hours between two data points, will it adjust smoothly between those two points over the whole 5 hours? Or will it start ramping an hour before the next set point?
No it doesn't.
It will run the setting for that data point of 5 hours and then switch to the next setting. For example: if you got it set to 100% for 5 hours and the next setting point is 75% it will change to 75%.
If you want a smooth ramping you should set different values % during the period of time you are looking for. Example: 100% to 90% to 80% to 70% and so on.
But remember you got 7 setting points and actually the corals won't be stressed nor the fishes if it change some kind of drastically. For example: from 100% to 80% then to 50% and you can adjust the light spectrum to your liking to make it appealing to your eyes. But always try to meet your corals Par demands during the whole day photoperiod. (Rent a Par meter for fine tuning).
20200610_192327.jpg

Hope this could help you out. I got mine running with some drastically different within setting points, but I adjust the spectrum to make it more appealing for my liking and I can't barely see that rad change. It looks smooth, my corals and fishes doesn't seem to care and I love how it looks.

OP
OP
colossal_tater

colossal_tater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it doesn't.
It will run the setting for that data point of 5 hours and then switch to the next setting. For example: if you got it set to 100% for 5 hours and the next setting point is 75% it will change to 75%.

Thanks @Gino . I wonder if I have a newer version of the lights than you? It definitely ramps between the setting points, but I just don't know the exact method.

That's actually what I'm kind of annoyed by at the moment. I want my peak setting to last 4 hours, but I think it may be ramping down in that time, but it's so hard to tell at the brighter settings. The ramping is much more noticeable in the beginning of the day when I go from 1% blues to 13% full spectrum.

OP
OP
colossal_tater

colossal_tater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have just answered my own question. I just thought to look at the power graph for my lights in Apex and it looks like it's a smooth ramp between points. I run two lights at a max of 45% blues. My schedule is:

1. 07:00 – 1%
  2. 08:30 – 13%
  3. 11:30 – 38%
  4. 12:30 – 45%
  5. 16:30 – 38%
  6. 17:30 – 13%
  7. 18:00 – 0%

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 10.00.49 AM.png

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got you brother... mine are the first ones that came in from Noopsyche. I really don't know if they made some kind of upgrades about what you mean on the new ones. But I think that @Manose can bring some insights and maybe some more ideas for your settings.

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have just answered my own question. I just thought to look at the power graph for my lights in Apex and it looks like it's a smooth ramp between points. I run two lights at a max of 45% blues. My schedule is:

1. 07:00 – 1%
  2. 08:30 – 13%
  3. 11:30 – 38%
  4. 12:30 – 45%
  5. 16:30 – 38%
  6. 17:30 – 13%
  7. 18:00 – 0%

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 10.00.49 AM.png
Looking at it, it slowly ramp down like you said, but isn't that stiff IMHO. Maybe if you want it, you can increase the pick of your max 5% or less to compensate for what you are looking for. Don't take it for granted it just an idea based on what you want to maintain a pick of 45% average during that period point.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got you brother... mine are the first ones that came in from Noopsyche. I really don't know if they made some kind of upgrades about what you mean on the new ones. But I think that @Manose can bring some insights and maybe some more ideas for your settings.
The lights do a nice gradual ramp from point to point. Here is my schedule for 6 lights over a softie/lps tank (750xxl)
mysettings.png

As with any schedule I recommend getting (rent/borrow) a par meter to dial in the lights to suit your corals needs.
The latest firmware for the controller is v1.4 and has not changed since over a year ago.

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights do a nice gradual ramp from point to point. Here is my schedule for 6 lights over a softie/lps tank (750xxl)
mysettings.png

As with any schedule I recommend getting (rent/borrow) a par meter to dial in the lights to suit your corals needs.
The latest firmware for the controller is v1.4 and has not changed since over a year ago.
Thanks for the insight brother!

Back