How high can you really mount your reef lights? Have you seen the Kessil T365?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Grill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed a track for a 7ft. long 210 build. (black boxes to test power) Looking forward to see these Kessil T365's and what the requirements are.

IMG_20200619_111110.jpg
IMG_20200619_111139.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
Great job. My DIY multi channels use a narrow reflector and I must say it acts as you describe. Remove it and the light is spread out. Use the lens and it is really focused and allows more par lower in the tank. So @ 30" depth the clams are enjoying life a bit better that otherwise would not.

I have not used the Kessil a360x lens but have wanted to try one for this reason. I'm looking forward to the next episode :D I expect to see similar results to this video based on what I see with my DIY and what you showed here. Just how high though is the investigating cool part you get to do :D

Good segment. Also something to consider when buying new lighting. Kessil has a different approach here to others that have changed. New Ecotech and Coral Care come to mind (flat panel look vs. round/puck).

Have a awesome weekend!

Halo_003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply It'll be really interesting to see the results of the narrow reflector on the A360X at high mounting heights, that's the combo I'm picking up for my new tank.

Grill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply It'll be really interesting to see the results of the narrow reflector on the A360X at high mounting heights, that's the combo I'm picking up for my new tank.
Same here. I'm getting ready to setup a 7ft. long 210. I was think it would be easy with a mix tank having SPS under reflectors. Looking forward to see what results BRS gets.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Luckily the comparison video of the A360X with and without the narrow lens reflector is coming out THIS Friday! ;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back