How i beat cyano

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharing this in hope it helps someone. I had cyano in my tank several times. Each time I would use chemi clean. Only to have it return months later. This time I decided to try the Zeovit system. Dosed their coral snow, cyano clean and zeozym as per instructed. Zeozym is a powder. Instructions states to mix with tank water and let it settle for 8 hours. There will be some powder that settles and does not mix. Pour only the clear water into the tank and not the unmixed powder. The unmixed powder clouds the water and it settles on the corals. Didn't lose any corals, but didn't want to take that chance doing it a second time. I also siphoned out as much cyano as I could about every 3-5 days. Depending how much there was at that time. This included cyano on the sand, removing the sand with it. It's been 3 weeks and tank seems to be clear of cyano. I gonna keep dosing for another week to make sure I get it all.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharing this in hope it helps someone. I had cyano in my tank several times. Each time I would use chemi clean. Only to have it return months later. This time I decided to try the Zeovit system. Dosed their coral snow, cyano clean and zeozym as per instructed. Zeozym is a powder. Instructions states to mix with tank water and let it settle for 8 hours. There will be some powder that settles and does not mix. Pour only the clear water into the tank and not the unmixed powder. The unmixed powder clouds the water and it settles on the corals. Didn't lose any corals, but didn't want to take that chance doing it a second time. I also siphoned out as much cyano as I could about every 3-5 days. Depending how much there was at that time. This included cyano on the sand, removing the sand with it. It's been 3 weeks and tank seems to be clear of cyano. I gonna keep dosing for another week to make sure I get it all.
What is the active ingredient in Zeozym?

OP
OP
dieselkeeper

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was causing the cyano, did you fix that?
I stopped doing water changes on a regular basis. That and cleaning the sand bed sometimes. My nutrients was not bad. Phosphates at 0.03, nitrates at 2-3 ppm. I have to dose nitrates or they go to zero. I think what helped get rid of it was vacuuming as much as I can and as often as I could. Siphoning the cyano off the sand bed was key. Each time I lost about a half to one cup of sand. Which was thrown out. Sand is easily replaced with new.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back