How I can take care of a Picasso triggerfish?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful with the urchin, the size is really of no importance, it's making sure they have enough food. In a new tank you are going to have to feed him. They literally starve to death in most tanks, they will eat themselves out, they are great cleaners but sometimes they actually need to be fed by you. Unless you want to feed an urchin, they are best for a mature tank with an abundance of natural food.

Each distributor list the sizes of what they deem tiny, s, m, l, xl; so you jsut have to check with each distributor.

OP
OP
Picasso the Triggerfish

Picasso the Triggerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful with the urchin, the size is really of no importance, it's making sure they have enough food. In a new tank you are going to have to feed him. They literally starve to death in most tanks, they will eat themselves out, they are great cleaners but sometimes they actually need to be fed by you. Unless you want to feed an urchin, they are best for a mature tank with an abundance of natural food.
Can I feed the urchin nori algae sheets or rehydrated algae?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will eat nori or any algae that most people will feed tangs and such. Find a spot in his path and get him to start munching, it is easy to establish a feeding spot that he will return to.

TortillaMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I can place this fish (invert) with my Picasso Trigger in a 450 L (~120G)?:
1 Dog-face puffer.
1 Hardy tang.
1 Foxface Lo.
1 Snowflake eel.
1 Large Blue Tuxedo Urchin.
Which fish (invert) I have to remove if there is one that can´t live with the Picasso Trigger or can annoy the Picasso Trigger and what alternative of said fish can live with the Picasso Trigger and not annoy it?
Hey sorry for the 4 year late comment but can you provide an update on how the trigger is doing(did) in that tank of yours? Is it 4 feet or 5 feet? I want to do something similar. Did you end up upgrading. Would a durso style overflow be fine?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back