OP
Mary Carmen

Mary Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!
Here are a some pictures of the tank, and 3 questions. Let me know if you can help:

1. Would you replace the skimmer in my tank? or go without it?
2. Why is my orchid pseudochromis getting lighter? should I feed him a different diet?
3. Should I use SEA-LAB Number28? Will it benefit the grow of Coraline? I don't have much growing on the rocks. It is growing in the back.

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 3.29.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 2.59.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 2.58.54 PM.png

As far as equipment, nothing has changed. This 29g biocube still has a refugium in the second chamber with two types of algae: Red Ogo and sea lettuce from Algae Barn. The pump that came with the biocube, the GKM3W mini Internal UV with Power Head, a skimmer that is doing nothing because it can't stay put. If someone has any idea as to how to fix the suction cups. The skimmer is the old version of the Coralife protein skimmer.

This is the list of fish: The 2 clownfish are still there. Now, each one of them has an anemone. There is a yellow watchman goby, and an orchid pseudochromis. The pseudochromis is getting lighter, is this due to old age? He is almost 4 years old. I feed New Life Spectrum, but he also eats the pods living on my liverock. He

The CUC are 5 astrae snails, 2 nerite snails, 5 nassarius snails, 2 red legged crabs, 1 blue legged crab, 3 peppermint shrimp, a pincushion urchin, and there are some tiny asterinas living in the rocks.

The only keep soft corals and this is the list: GSP, Toadstool, Xenia, green mushrooms, Kenya Tree, Palythoas, clove polyps, and a green leather coral.

The maintenance is pretty simple. 5 gallons for water changes every other weekend and clean the sandbed with the long and narrow python tube. The water, I used to buy the IMAGINARIUM box of 5 gallons, but it got so expensive at Petco that I am getting it from a LFS a couple of towns over.

I don't supplement since my tank is so small and the corals are easy. I think the 5 gallons when I do the water changes is enough to replenish whatever the tank needs. I thought about using SEA-LAB Number28. Let me know if anyone has suggestions.

I think that is it. This reef has gone a long way since I started. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Until next update... have a great day you all.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back