HOW IN THE WORLD DO I FILL A 29 GALLON TANK????

OP
OP
greetl01

greetl01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 140 gallon tank - I have my RO unit in the basement - next to the washtub (and on the same level as the tank) - I have a 40 gallon 'rain barrel' with a spout on the bottom to fill buckets if I want. I have a float switch in the wall of the bucket - that shuts off the RO when water is near the top of the barrel (which Is really like a brute trash can with the spigot) - I have a 'Python' - hooked up to the washtub - with a 25 foot hose - I use that to drain out the water - I then put a pump in the salt water - screw on the python and pump the new water into the tank - there is no carrying, and no mess. Note - usually - the barrel just holds RO/DI water. When I change water - I mix 40 gallons of saltwater and change that much - maybe once a month
sounds like a nice set up!

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought you were actually serious lol

In all seriousness I use everything. Transfer pumps, jugs, 5-gallon buckets, brutes on wheels, brutes with built in pumps to dump waste water on the street, etc. What ever makes the job easier. It's a back-killing hobby at times.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back