• Still waiting, but currently on time.

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
You don’t want to start credit card policy wars again, but you will anyway?

Just curious, did you tell them this was an item where you agreed to have the company bill your credit card immediately and that you agreed in writing to delay shipment for 12 weeks? I found today that the answer changes drastically when you give them that little bit of information...

Yes I told her that I agreed to be billed immediately and that they stipulated that the unit would ship within a 6-8 week period after billing. I even asked her what if I waited for 16 weeks after billing to make a dispute and she said it did not matter.

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

RCeiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Stopping sales is a step in the right direction. I wonder if the 14 more weeks above is accurate?

sfg.PNG
Received an email from my CC this morning thanking me for reporting the fraudulent charge and noting the charges had already been flagged before I made the report. I therefore don’t have to do any paperwork and the refund should hit my account in a few days. Phew. Bullet dodged.

But it makes me wonder if this sudden announcement that they aren’t accepting orders anymore wasn’t their decision.

Corals.com

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
I have no idea why someone would report it as fraud when the company is willing to refund you your money. As for them taking down the ordering option, if you read my posts from Monday you will see that I asked Alex to tell them that they needed to take it down and he said that it was a good idea and that they would be discussing it with management.

Credit card companies do not cut off companies unless a high percentage of orders are being reported as fraud. If they look in the system and see that 90% of the people are not asking for reimbursement then they are not going to do a thing. Also that fact that MS is reimbursing back the money to anyone who asks for it would be a clear indicator to the CC that the company is not trying to steal customers money.

OP
Paul Sands

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
I have no idea why someone would report it as fraud when the company is willing to refund you your money. As for them taking down the ordering option, if you read my posts from Monday you will see that I asked Alex to tell them that they needed to take it down and he said that it was a good idea and that they would be discussing it with management.

Credit card companies do not cut off companies unless a high percentage of orders are being reported as fraud. If they look in the system and see that 90% of the people are not asking for reimbursement then they are not going to do a thing. Also that fact that MS is reimbursing back the money to anyone who asks for it would be a clear indicator to the CC that the company is not trying to steal customers money.
Given that the company isn’t responding to emails in a timely fashion, I don’t know how you can make this leap that they are being responsive and refunding people’s money. There are numerous posts on this and other boards where people are having issues with their mindstream and they haven’t heard from the company in days.

Since mindstream has a booth at reefapalooza, it will be interesting to know what they are telling people this weekend. “We have this great product that we can’t sell you and don’t have staff to support you if you ever do get one and then have a problem.”

RCeiver

View Badges
Reaction score

Who wouldn’t report it while you were on the phone to your CC? They just got finished telling me they considered it was fraudulent.

I had no idea when or if mindstream would return an email or cancel the charge. I had no idea how much time I had left to dispute the charges. It seems like I ordered this a lifetime ago.

I’ve sent numerous emails to mindstream and usually get absolutely no response. Their customer care is crap considering people dropped $1,000 for this. I assumed my request to cancel would get as much attention as my previous emails.

How’s that cool-aid?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Who wouldn’t report it while you were on the phone to your CC? They just got finished telling me they considered it was fraudulent.

I had no idea when or if mindstream would return an email or cancel the charge. I had no idea how much time I had left to dispute the charges. It seems like I ordered this a lifetime ago.

I’ve sent numerous emails to mindstream and usually get absolutely no response. Their customer care is crap considering people dropped $1,000 for this. I assumed my request to cancel would get as much attention as my previous emails.

How’s that cool-aid?
From other threads you can PM OLDREEFER44 or lexinverts to get Alex's direct line to get someone who will respond.

Top Shelf Aquatics

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Given that the company isn’t responding to emails in a timely fashion, I don’t know how you can make this leap that they are being responsive and refunding people’s money. There are numerous posts on this and other boards where people are having issues with their mindstream and they haven’t heard from the company in days.

Since mindstream has a booth at reefapalooza, it will be interesting to know what they are telling people this weekend. “We have this great product that we can’t sell you and don’t have staff to support you if you ever do get one and then have a problem.”
Anybody who had just read the posts on Friday or Monday where two other people said they called and got refunded. MindStream makes it very clear during every phone call that you can cancel if you want. I know at places I have worked if people bring a CC case against us for no good reason we blacklist them, for life. Since MS is a subscription service good luck to that guy ever getting one in the future.

BTW how many times have you called them? I have called the at least eight times and I would say that in my experience about 90% of the times when I have called them I have gotten through at some point during the day. It may not be the first or even the fifth call but I do get through. As one of the guys at MS mentioned, the average person talks on the phone for half an hour or more. So at best they can handle 16 calls per CSR per day. How many people do you think a startup can dedicate to answering the phone?

Last edited:

EmdeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Received an email from my CC this morning thanking me for reporting the fraudulent charge and noting the charges had already been flagged before I made the report. I therefore don’t have to do any paperwork and the refund should hit my account in a few days. Phew. Bullet dodged.

But it makes me wonder if this sudden announcement that they aren’t accepting orders anymore wasn’t their decision.
I’m sorry Are you saying that your credit card company flagged mindstream or SAI as a fraud?!

I find that extremely unlikely. I know a thing or two about how this works and a system wide fraud would be quickly communicated to all affected customers.

In any case glad you got your refund and can put this to rest...

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m sorry Are you saying that your credit card company flagged mindstream or SAI as a fraud?!

I find that extremely unlikely. I know a thing or two about how this works and a system wide fraud would be quickly communicated to all affected customers.

In any case glad you got your refund and can put this to rest...
No he decided to report MS as a Fraud so he could get a refund. He claims he could get no one at MS on the phone so his quick solution was to make it a fraud case.

EmdeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No he decided to report MS as a Fraud so he could get a refund. He claims he could get no one at MS on the phone so his quick solution was to make it a fraud case.
yea but he’s also saying: “CC this morning thanking me for reporting the fraudulent charge and noting the charges had already been flagged before I made the report.”

It would be unusual for a CC to send more than a templetized (approved communication - as a matter of fact a lot of template letters we receive from banks have been filed with regulators) reply to something like this. Furthermore, it’d be unusual for a CC to admit to fraud without taking additional actions for other customers by reporting it to be CC issuers and blacklisting a vendor. There are actual federal and state laws about this stuff, not to mention liability exposure...

I’ve never had to submit any paperwork when filing a dispute but in general a bank takes a bit of time to investigate and contact the vendor, they often share vendor communication and in many cases vendors just offer to issue a refund instead of having a chargeback on their record.

EmdeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
There are also contractual obligations for a CC to allow 7-14-30 days for a vendor to reply to the chargeback yadda yadda. In most cases a CC will issue a temporary refund while they’re investigating and then get back to you within a defined timeline.

Anyway I could go on with stuff that doesn’t pass the smell test in some of the posts but this thread has become beyond asinine and I’m unwatching it.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE! FREE DINOSAURS FROM THE WHITE HOUSE BUNKER!!!;Wacky

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
yea but he’s also saying: “CC this morning thanking me for reporting the fraudulent charge and noting the charges had already been flagged before I made the report.”

It would be unusual for a CC to send more than a templetized (approved communication - as a matter of fact a lot of template letters we receive from banks have been filed with regulators) reply to something like this. Furthermore, it’d be unusual for a CC to admit to fraud without taking additional actions for other customers by reporting it to be CC issuers and blacklisting a vendor. There are actual federal and state laws about this stuff, not to mention liability exposure...

I’ve never had to submit any paperwork when filing a dispute but in general a bank takes a bit of time to investigate and contact the vendor, they often share vendor communication and in many cases vendors just offer to issue a refund instead of having a chargeback on their record.

Yeah that is true because I remember about four years ago my wife mentioning that someone had filed a fraudelent charge against her company and it was a back and forth situation. She had to get an employee to type up a response and then send it off to the bank with any proof that they had that the person had indeed received the product. I remember the person had also written a letter to start the claim process.

In the end after about maybe about two months later the person was denied reimbursement and my wife had the payment hold removed and the company got their money back.

So yes now that you mention it and I think to this case plus what my bank had told me yesterday about 60-90 days to resolution, I have to ask myself how did he get back the money so fast? And yes there is no way the bank would have said that this is a known fruadlent company and yet not taken measures to revoke all the other payments that have been made. I agree, it certainly does not pass the smell test when you examine it closely.

OLDREEFER44

View Badges
Reaction score
FYI, you can email them and ask for an extension on the 45 day return policy which has been granted to others. A lot of conspiracy theories here with no real knowledge of the situation.

RCeiver

View Badges
Reaction score
FYI, you can email them and ask for an extension on the 45 day return policy which has been granted to others. A lot of conspiracy theories here with no real knowledge of the situation.
Again, every credit card has different policies that often even vary between the banks. I have no idea why they would extend the return policy. Seems like it’s just asking for someone to charge it back. But OK. If you say so. I’d still say everyone should do their own research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How old do you think you'll be before you are too old to care for a reef tank?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 71-80

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 81-90

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 90+

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I'll reef until I die

Votes: 7 41.2%