• Still waiting, but currently on time.

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Im confused - Daniel posted that the Mindstream would start fulfilling orders 'soon' on June 27 (hadn't started yet) - lets assume they started July 1 - with an estimated date of 6-8 weeks. 8 weeks from July 1 is September 1. How can anyone have a mindstream that is '2 months late' - what am I missing?
No your not missing anything. It's just like that graph on page 3 or 4 with all the crazy numbers and assumptions in it. The one thing I am looking forward to is when the Dust settles is to see how many of the people who keep on bashing MS are going to end up being MS owners. We got a lot of material to Quote back to them later on.

Earn WWC Rewards Points

MnFish1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No your not missing anything. It's just like that graph on page 3 or 4 with all the crazy numbers and assumptions in it. The one thing I am looking forward to is when the Dust settles is to see how many of the people who keep on bashing MS are going to end up being MS owners. We got a lot of material to Quote back to them later on.
Just saying - either I'm confused - the people taking the poll are confused - or people are not telling the truth on the poll (possibly on both sides lol). I dont see how 3 people could have their orders delayed '2 mornths or more'. This whole 'controversy' seems odd to me - I'll say it again - people keep talking about the upfront payment - Does anyone (except the people that didnt order one) care?

PS there is another reason that it may only show this few people on the poll - seems there is also a group of people who have received their units - but it was late. Those aren't counted.

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Just saying - either I'm confused - the people taking the poll are confused - or people are not telling the truth on the poll (possibly on both sides lol). I dont see how 3 people could have their orders delayed '2 mornths or more'. This whole 'controversy' seems odd to me - I'll say it again - people keep talking about the upfront payment - Does anyone (except the people that didnt order one) care?

PS there is another reason that it may only show this few people on the poll - seems there is also a group of people who have received their units - but it was late. Those aren't counted.
The whole upfront payment thing is completely irrelevant. Everybody who made an order agreed to those terms when they made it and they have an option to can cancel and get a refund at anytime.
A normal mature adult will either just wait until they get their MS or cancel their order if it's taking to long for them.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The whole upfront payment thing is completely irrelevant. Everybody who made an order agreed to those terms when they made it and they have an option to can cancel and get a refund at anytime.
A normal mature adult will either just wait until they get their MS or cancel their order if it's taking to long for them.
The payment upfront isn't irrelevant as some see it as a red flag to company sustainability even if you don't. Going from crowdfunding to a retail model but still functioning as crowdfunded doesn't inspire confidence in me.

A normal mature adult might be bothered by a company not having accurate time frames on their order page. You even said:
I agree, but I just assume they were cash strapped. What bothers me is why do they still have the "Now Taking Orders" button on their website. Clearly they cannot supply the current orders so why keep soliciting more.
How many people not on this forum know about the delays and have purchased assuming they'll get the product within the time frames advertised? If it's a preorder, just call it that. If it's a group buy until X number of orders are in, be transparent.

Some people look past these issues as growing pains, others see them as negatives that would discourage them from doing business with a company like that. I don't understand what the "pro" side of the discussion is basing their optimism on other than just really wanting things to work out.

MnFish1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The payment upfront isn't irrelevant as some see it as a red flag to company sustainability even if you don't. Going from crowdfunding to a retail model but still functioning as crowdfunded doesn't inspire confidence in me.

A normal mature adult might be bothered by a company not having accurate time frames on their order page. You even said:

How many people not on this forum know about the delays and have purchased assuming they'll get the product within the time frames advertised? If it's a preorder, just call it that. If it's a group buy until X number of orders are in, be transparent.

Some people look past these issues as growing pains, others see them as negatives that would discourage them from doing business with a company like that. I don't understand what the "pro" side of the discussion is basing their optimism on other than just really wanting things to work out.
I think most people on the site have gotten the warnings. I think the thread titled 'mindstream - scam' is probably one glaring example.

The people who are not on this forum - will not get the warning messages some are sending here either right? perhaps some of you shoudl take up a collection - and put an ad in the New York Times - then the word will be out.

The 'pro' side of the discussion (almost every one) has said they are upset, disappointed, discouraged, etc. Of course everyone on the 'pro side'- which I think is misnomer - it should be called 'the people who have ordered the product' - wants it to work out - thats common sense.

The people that are constantly sniping on this apparently - using your logic - do not want things to work out - right? Why? There are multiple companies who have had issues - and been successful - IMHO - its too early for the pile on. Now - when a large vendor here had a product delay of was it a year after it was expected - and everyone was piling on - I have to say I thought that was somewhat more reasonable - because they are a large company promoting 'vaporware' - but - again even there - the piling on was a bit much.

Last edited:

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
The point is that if you see it as a red flag then move on and go about your business.
They are not holding you at gun point and taking your money. If you don't like what they are offering then join the Trident line. If you have already bought an MS and don't like whats happening then get a refund and get out. It's as simple as that and requires no further debate.

The Pro Side is that we have guys like OldReefer and others that have shown us units that have been working for months and do exactly what we have been dreaming we could be doing with our tanks.

Have you ordered a MindStream? If so then why not cancel your order and stop taking the "risk". If you have not ordered one then why are you so worried about what the rest of us are doing with our money?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The point is that if you see it as a red flag then move on and go about your business.
They are not holding you at gun point and taking your money. If you don't like what they are offering then join the Trident line. If you have already bought an MS and don't like whats happening then get a refund and get out. It's as simple as that and requires no further debate.
Yet you keep debating it...
We're allowed to say it's a bad business practice and they are being dishonest by continuing to take money when they have no product to deliver. Just as you're allowed to act like "did you order one" is a gotcha!

You yourself said they shouldn't be accepting more orders, but omitted addressing that part in your reply. I don't have any Neptune products, so a Trident will be of no use to me.

The Pro Side is that we have guys like OldReefer and others that have shown us units that have been working for months and do exactly what we have been dreaming we could be doing with our tanks.

Have you ordered a MindStream? If so then why not cancel your order and stop taking the "risk". If you have not ordered one then why are you so worried about what the rest of us are doing with our money?
Dreaming of this?
1571256795683.png

I have not ordered one as I feel it's a possibility the company will go belly up and there won't have a source of discs. Your example of Oldreefer said his replacement disc should have shipped 10/08, but now it's delayed about 2 more weeks.

I'm not worried about what you do with your money, burn it you'd like, donate it to a cause you like, whatever makes you happy. This is a discussion forum and I think it's worth discussing the negatives and positives of a product. I also think the company should be way more honest about the timelines, it's deceptive to not have an accurate date on the order page.

MnFish1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We're allowed to say it's a bad business practice and they are being dishonest by continuing to take money when they have no product to deliver. Just as you're allowed to act like "did you order one" is a gotcha!

You yourself said they shouldn't be accepting more orders, but omitted addressing that part in your reply. I don't have any Neptune products, so a Trident will be of no use to me.

Dreaming of this?
1571256795683.png

I have not ordered one as I feel it's a possibility the company will go belly up and there won't have a source of discs. Your example of Oldreefer said his replacement disc should have shipped 10/08, but now it's delayed about 2 more weeks.

I'm not worried about what you do with your money, burn it you'd like, donate it to a cause you like, whatever makes you happy. This is a discussion forum and I think it's worth discussing the negatives and positives of a product. I also think the company should be way more honest about the timelines, it's deceptive to not have an accurate date on the order page.
You're correct. Its inappropriate not to have an accurate date on the order page.
You're correct - its a bad business practice.

The thing is even the people that are 'positive' on the equipment are already expressing frustration, cancelling orders, etc etc. I dont see anyone just saying 'this is the best situation ever'. My question is - and again its not directly related to your posts - but why do people with no skin in the game so to speak continue to bash away - when the people that do have skin in the game are already pointing out the same things? The only answer (to me) is there is some perverse benefit in tearing down this product - because even the people that Like the product are complaining and asking questions.

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
You're correct. Its inappropriate not to have an accurate date on the order page.
You're correct - its a bad business practice.

The thing is even the people that are 'positive' on the equipment are already expressing frustration, cancelling orders, etc etc. I dont see anyone just saying 'this is the best situation ever'. My question is - and again its not directly related to your posts - but why do people with no skin in the game so to speak continue to bash away - when the people that do have skin in the game are already pointing out the same things? The only answer (to me) is there is some perverse benefit in tearing down this product - because even the people that Like the product are complaining and asking questions.
Yes one has to wonder what is the reason for all of his bashing since he has no skin in the game. It's like me going over to the Neptune section and bashing the Trident because they are not delivering. I don't care what's happening with the Trident deliveries, I don't care if they are pre charging or not pre charging customers. I have no intent on buying one and I would think that anyone who is buying one has enough brains to read up on them and make their own decision. I have no problem with someone pointing out something once or twice, but when they start to go on and on daily it's like they are deliberately trying to sabotage the company for some unknown personal gain.

Last edited:

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score

Dreaming of this?
1571256795683.png

Of course you would pick the one person who was having issues as an example.
I am looking forward to this.
1568483701616.png

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes one has to wonder what is the reason for all of his bashing since he has no skin in the game. It's like me going over to the Neptune section and bashing the Trident because they are not delivering. I don't care what's happening with the Trident deliveries, I don't care if they are pre charging or not pre charging customers. I have no intent on buying one and I would think that everyone who is buying one has enough brains to read up on them and make their own decision. I have no problem with someone pointing out something once or twice, but when they start to go on and on daily it's like they are deliberately trying to sabotage the company for some unknown personal gain.
I’ve only stated it 3 or 4 times in this thread, I’d like Mindstream to be more transparent. I’d like customers to know that when they order, 8-10 weeks is a mere suggestion and not a commitment. I’d like manufacturers to quit screwing customers.

It’s as easy to say when you start to go on and on with supporting them when you don’t have the product that you are trying to inflate the company for some unknown personal gain. Both are silly statements.

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve only stated it 3 or 4 times in this thread, I’d like Mindstream to be more transparent. I’d like customers to know that when they order, 8-10 weeks is a mere suggestion and not a commitment. I’d like manufacturers to quit screwing customers.

It’s as easy to say when you start to go on and on with supporting them when you don’t have the product that you are trying to inflate the company for some unknown personal gain. Both are silly statements.
Three or four times in this thread LOL and how many dozens of times in other threads?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Three or four times in this thread LOL and how many dozens of times in other threads?
Probably around the amount of times you’ve supported them if I had to guess?

Edit - Dude, like 90% of your posts are either supporting Mindstream or trashing Neptune and I'm the one with an agenda?

Last edited:

MnFish1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

The question is why - Are you like a Sir Galahd - protecting people from their own stupidity - what is your motive? Ive asked 10 times - No answers - I ve stated there's enough questions from people who have ordered - you ignore it - what is your exact agenda.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
I have to be honest and say I stoped reading at page three.

I did order mine. I did not bother the company sending emails or making calls before my date came up for when it should be shipped.

on my promised ship date I got an email saying they were behind and the technical we are a startup trying to catch up, which I get and I knew I was signing up for when I purchased. They did offer new 10% discount which they charged back to my cardand offered a new ship date for the week of 10/18.

I didn’t respond to the poll. The reason is I have been keeping up with all mindstream threads for a while since I ordered and it seems on every single one Paul is trolling.

Can we get him an official Mindstream Troll badge

I’m still excited about the product and anxious to receive it, but as an early adopter I know what I got into when I did. If and when I get fed up I’ll just cancel with my credit card. Easy.
when did you order yours

MnFish1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It gets down to this at the end right - those that are patient and dont care - its doesnt matter. Those that are nervous - and dont realize that their credit card protect them get nervous. I dont care - in general - except for the communication. I paid - I will get reimbursed either way - I dont care - I wonder why do people who havent payed anything care - thats that answer I"m wondering about - there are tons of protections available for people who buy things with credit cards - its a law - as I understand it - if they aren't reimbursed by the company they are taken care of by the credit card company - this is a tempest in a teapot lol. its insane....

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The question is why - Are you like a Sir Galahd - protecting people from their own stupidity - what is your motive? Ive asked 10 times - No answers - I ve stated there's enough questions from people who have ordered - you ignore it - what is your exact agenda.
The question is why - Are you like a Sir Galahd - protecting Mindstream from their own stupidity - what is your motive? Ive asked 10 times - No answers - I ve stated there's enough valid criticisms from people - you sometimes acknowledge it, and then ignore it - what is your exact agenda?

Last edited:

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
I think I found out why @Silver14SS is on a negative rant about the MindStream.
He evidently Purchased a Alkatronic and Dosatronic in Jun 2019 just one month before the news of the MindStreams release.

The Alkatronic was $1000 alone and the Dosatronic seems to have been discontinued right after it launched. The manufactures webpage shows it is out of stock, I cannot easily find anything on either unit. Lord knows how much he paid for those but he seemed happy to get them and then pretty mute about them after owning them.

Alkatronica.jpg

Yeah pretty compact system for testing one parameter ;)

Then we have the review video for the Alkatronic, which is pretty funny. For $1000 they basically give you a box of noisy parts.

Alkatronic VS Trident Video

So my guess is that in order to feel better about buying a more expensive bulky and probably discontinued device just four weeks before the release of the MindStream he is now mad with them and is hoping they fail so he can feel better about his mistake.

I don't want to speculate further on his system but people seem to be dumping the Alkatronic for half price and less just a few months after buying them.

Alkatronic's for sale on R2R

Last edited:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Despite switching to an ad hominem approach, I'll still bite :)

Your google-fu is terrible, there are whole threads on this site about the Alkatronic. Alkatronic is $900 and is readily available from SaltwaterAquarium, Coralvue, Premium Aquatics and probably others but I stopped looking after going 3 for 3. Same with Dosetronic, it's available and works just as advertised. Packaging constraints weren't that important to me, but I guess they are to you since you felt it necessary to make the compact comment?

I love the Focustronic stuff, I'll probably end up with a Mastertronic after it's released as long as it tests parameters I care about. I've posted multiple times over and over how much I llke them. They've been rock solid and super easy to maintain. The manufacturer actually responds to customers :) The reagent can even be picked up at the local hardware store.

If there's a better product solution for my needs, I'll jump to that if the time comes even though I'm completely satisfied with what I have from Focustronic.

Edit to add again - my issue with the Mindstream is the company rollout, dishonest at best, willingly deceitful at worst. There are a surprising amount of issues with the Mindstream itself compared to the small sample size of people posting about the product on this forum. The supporters blindly defending it with nothing but hopes and dreams do nothing to further my opinion of the product.

Last edited:
Best reef aquarium LED lighting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you run TWO return pumps for redundancy and to be safe? (check all that apply)

• Yes I run two return pumps..

Votes: 135 21.5%
  • No it's a waste..

Votes: 77 12.3%
  • No but I would like to..

Votes: 153 24.4%
  • No but I have a spare return pump...

Votes: 296 47.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors