How likely are foxface to eat my coral?

maxemorris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the perfect sized one spot foxface on hold at my LFS, but i’m worries about adding him to my tank, which is entirely soft and LPS coral.

How likely is the risk they will eat my coral? I feed my tank every other day with more mysis shrimp than the fish can finish.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a problem with mine but feeding one every other day might lead to unwanted snacking.

Johnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are as reef safe as it can get. Great algae eaters and they never hide. If you feed regularly you have nothing to worry about.

I've had multiple fax faces over the years. Model citizens.

Reefdiculous22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just returned mine to the lfs today. His 2 nd day in the tank he ate my newly purchased Yuma and then starting going after my duncan. I put him in the sump for a few days, introduced him back to the tank and the first thing he did was go after my duncan again. So back in the sump he went. Left him there for a week, put him back in the display fed the tank, went out to the garage and came back in and the Duncan was shriveled to nothing. So put him back in the sump til I got him back to the lfs today. He wouldn’t touch seaweed, barely touched frozen, but would mow down pellets.

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3" Foxface in my 110 gal. I've never seen it go after my Duncan or Zoas but the I feed pellets in the morning and a cube in the evening each day, supplemented by Nori every few days. He rarely touches the frozen (unsurprisingly) but is brilliant at picking algae all day long with his buddy the Convict Tang. Hopefully this won't change as he grows.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back