How long does it take for a proteïn molecule to be converted into ammonia?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in minor shock this morning at the rash of outbreaks for months long sustained free ammonia in the general forum, 100% acceptance that red sea or api ammonia is infallible, but then total silence from the ammonia dosing thread kicked up in the chem forum on how a five thousand dollar 1.5 yr running sps reef tank is stuck and can’t uptake any extra

the inconsistency is troubling lol, deeply.

On one flip of the coin (how a thread is titled) everyone agrees api is wrong and nitrification is trustworthy, timely and reliable. They agree a cycling chart is accurate for ammonia control after X number of days.

on another flip (thread title, ammonia emergency) all that is out the window and for pages the test is right and a cycling chart for ammonia control is wrong.

where’s the objectivity- our microbiology is suffering terribly in reefing.

reefs get to claim symptomless ammonia non control for pages. In any other form of veterinary medicine, the animal dies overnite.

this thread asking about conversion time for protein to ammonia I thought was interesting as we continue on the scale discovering how fast ammonia is nullified in a cycled system.
Brandon, which thread does this one refer to

“infallible, but then total silence from the ammonia dosing thread kicked up in the chem forum on how a five thousand dollar 1.5 yr running sps reef tank is stuck and can’t uptake any extra”

By the way, when my parents were shocked like you stated you were this morning, they would ultimately blamed too much television watching. I blame too much internet watching :)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dan its that one, that represents what thousands of reefers are going through because:

we do not have a firm rule set in place to takeover when test kits are in question. As you can see, test kits govern core reaction timing, dosings purchased, overall fear etc.

I truly put time investment into that, Betex truly tried to accommodate all requests.

there is zero etiology for ammonia noncontrol in that thread.

if bad phyto was the concern, then we can revert back to the adding raw ammonia everyday thread to show it wasn't cycle related. maybe rotting compounds from rotting phyto, but can u imagine a tank owner with that much $ on the line continually adding rotting phyto every day enough to overcome a known biofilter like that?

this is the cutting edge of cycling science in my opinion, discerning the truth in posts like that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back