How long for Acros to die in shipping?

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a good number of acro frags that were put in the mail last night at 1130pm and shipped next day early am. The package was hung up in the middle and now UPS says by tomorrow, no particular time.

Will theses piece survive?
Stuff like confetti acro, leprechauns beard, Miami orchid, etc etc.

Do I refuse shipping? Will this put the onus on UPS?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to look in to the DOA policy of the vendor. Usually a hold up on shipping falls to the receiver (buyer). Most vendors worth a crap will honor the product, but your out the shipping (again).

Upside is that weather is decent @ this time off year, you may get lucky.

Obdoc63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
none of the carriers will cover live animals (corals) and you are out your money. Most reputable sellers will replace the corals but you may have to pay shipping again. I've had this happen so many times recently I've not ordered any coral lately.

Obdoc63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a good number of acro frags that were put in the mail last night at 1130pm and shipped next day early am. The package was hung up in the middle and now UPS says by tomorrow, no particular time.

Will theses piece survive?
Stuff like confetti acro, leprechauns beard, Miami orchid, etc etc.

Do I refuse shipping? Will this put the onus on UPS?
I'm guessing they are in Kentucky. All my shipments that got hung up occurred there. When they go though GA there is never a problem.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got an update. Will hit my porch soon.

Screenshot_20230601-101939.png

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the shipping is crap post covid. This is the tracking info from a shipment of snails I just received. It was priority mail and ping-ponged back and forth. Needless to say I ended up with a bag of dead stinky snails. Fortunately it was only $20 worth of snails and the seller is sending another batch
Screenshot_20230601_103438_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_103429_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230601_103410_Chrome.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some may survive if packaged well. I had an RRC Rainbow Splice frag that I shipped out take a two day journey and make it just fine. Don't refuse shipment. That will do nothing. UPS won't cover live animals anyway. I can't speak for another vendor, but when (not if) this happens on occasion, I always replace the corals and in include shipping all at no charge, or if the customer prefers I will offer a refund. I find it's much better to do this and keep a customer than to disappoint them and have to find a new customer. Good luck with it. Hopefully it all works out for you.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some may survive if packaged well. I had an RRC Rainbow Splice frag that I shipped out take a two day journey and make it just fine. Don't refuse shipment. That will do nothing. UPS won't cover live animals anyway. I can't speak for another vendor, but when (not if) this happens on occasion, I always replace the corals and in include shipping all at no charge, or if the customer prefers I will offer a refund. I find it's much better to do this and keep a customer than to disappoint them and have to find a new customer. Good luck with it. Hopefully it all works out for you.
They found it and redirected. It will be here within the hour. I appreciate your response and I'll stop and see what you have done time,!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How'd they hold up?

Over the years I've had shipments get ping-ponged or misplaced. All depends on the temps inside the box and less (IME) about the time.

I had a box arrive on time -- 10:30am -- but the package had leaked. The box was soaking wet. In February. All was lost. The water was 59 degrees when I opened it up. I tried a gradual temp acclimation and half RTnd in the bags. The rest the same night.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost the leprechauns beard. Everything else came out of the frag tank and was moved to the display last night. It all looks nice. Although I am surprised I didn't lose more. The water was noticably warm/hot in all the bags.

PXL_20230611_112304443.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How'd they hold up?

Over the years I've had shipments get ping-ponged or misplaced. All depends on the temps inside the box and less (IME) about the time.

I had a box arrive on time -- 10:30am -- but the package had leaked. The box was soaking wet. In February. All was lost. The water was 59 degrees when I opened it up. I tried a gradual temp acclimation and half RTnd in the bags. The rest the same night.
Replied to you above this post. I forgot to click the reply button.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back