How long should I smell aquastick epoxy?

AdamW0611

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my first saltwater tank, just doing fowlr for this one. About 3 days ago I used 3 tubes of aquastick epoxy, it still smelled pretty strong after a day, but I figured it said it was safe to use with fish I filled the tank with about 60 gallons of water. Last night and today the smell is overwhelming in my basement, and the water smells terrible. I don't have anything alive in the tank, and haven't started cycling yet... Is it normal for it to smell so long?

20190819_123018.jpg

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that much epoxy, you will have a smell for a while.
It is reef safe and when you put your rocks in the water, don’t worry about anything....just don’t run a skimmer at all for a while as it will go nuts.

OP
OP
A

AdamW0611

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that much epoxy, you will have a smell for a while.
It is reef safe and when you put your rocks in the water, don’t worry about anything....just don’t run a skimmer at all for a while as it will go nuts.
Thanks, the smell has gone away substantially. I just started running the skimmer, 5 days into cycling, its new so i was hoping to break it in while waiting for the tank to be ready. Tons of white foam, and trillions of bubbles, not sure if its from the epoxy, the skimmer needing break in, me not doing something right, or all of the above, but I'm gonna let it go a while since it's not overflowing and there isn't anything alive in the tank atm.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back