How long should I use copper to treat ich in fowlr system

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have a fowlr tank with some anthias and wrasses, noticed a sign of ich. Will try to use cuppermarine from seachem. It says use it for 2 weeks. Then remove it with carbon. But is 2 weeks enough? Giving the ich cycle, will there be ich eggs left alive in the system?

OP
OP
E

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45 days is at 81 degrees is the minemum
thanks, so the 2 weeks instructed treating time, I assume they meat that fish should be moved out from QT where the copper has been added??
45 days sounds more reasonble, matches quite well with ich life cycle.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, so the 2 weeks instructed treating time, I assume they meat that fish should be moved out from QT where the copper has been added??
45 days sounds more reasonble, matches quite well with ich life cycle.
Shouldn't treat your display tank either. Should be done in a separate tank without rock or sand.

OP
OP
E

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And his post says cupramine. Read the post before you respond.
Lol, take it easy guys, it’s never an issue for me to remove copper/ cuppermarine/ coppersafe…. It’s the treating time which has been really tricky for me

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, take it easy guys, it’s never an issue for me to remove copper/ cuppermarine/ coppersafe…. It’s the treating time which has been really tricky for me
Easy to just put the internet heroes on ignore.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have a fowlr tank with some anthias and wrasses, noticed a sign of ich. Will try to use cuppermarine from seachem. It says use it for 2 weeks. Then remove it with carbon. But is 2 weeks enough? Giving the ich cycle, will there be ich eggs left alive in the system?
You also asked about the possibility of ich eggs being left alive in the system. If the parasite is truly ich (cryptocaryon), tomonts are highly likely to be present in the display tank. Tomonts can incubate for 3 to 72 days depending on the water temperature. You will need to either use copper or allow the tank to remain fallow for the appropriate length of time for the tomonts to hatch and the theronts to die when they do not find a host.

I suggeest you read the sticky at the top that discusses the 45 day fallow period process.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back