How long til my food turns rancid

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I caught some cod last week and saved the eggs. Put them in a gallon ziplock bag, flattened it and put in the freezer. If I break a chunk of eggs off, add RO, add Red Sea AB, and add ME Polyp extender and run it in the smoothie blender, how long will it last before going bad? If it smells "good" it should be fine? I am using it instead of Oyster Feast.
Cheers! Mark

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I caught some cod last week and saved the eggs. Put them in a gallon ziplock bag, flattened it and put in the freezer. If I break a chunk of eggs off, add RO, add Red Sea AB, and add ME Polyp extender and run it in the smoothie blender, how long will it last before going bad? If it smells "good" it should be fine? I am using it instead of Oyster Feast.
Cheers! Mark
Sounds delicious! I would just refreeze it all

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in our food inspection course in vet school the instructor always said that our nose is one of the most sensitive instruments available for field inspections. Keep it refrigerated and smell before you use. I'd guess several days.

SonyaBAZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about thawing it and pre-portioning it since you know you use 12 mls a day. Maybe use a small ice cube tray? Or cut a section off of the frozen block. Thaw it and see what the volume is. Do that until you thaw out 12 mls. Maybe then you determine a 2”x2” section is ~ 12mls something like that.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back