How long to get large corals

White Hair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AEFA305F-4F76-441F-AA9C-E2F9C3C3E118.png

How long would it take to go from 1 1/2” frags to this, i know there’s not one answer, but on an average, 1yr 5 yrs ??

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a loaded question lol.

Heavily dependent on type of corals, the tank’s parameters they are in, any hiccups along the way.

I have a Corky finger that i purchased as a 1 inch frag, in the 5 years or so ive had it its now 4 stalks of each 8 inches long or so.
But its also moved tanks several times, ive had a few accidents that have stunned its growth over this timeframe. So in anothers hand it could have been 3 times this size and in another’s 1/2.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fast growing softies can get that big in a yr or 2 with right condition/lighting, including feeding them. Just be careful which ones u get bc fast growing softies like kenya tree is invasive and can overtake the tank.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Kenya tree took maybe 8 month-9 months to grow from nothing from the last time I cut it down to this . Most the devil hand pieces in my tank came from the big one I got about a year ago, an they all started off as small lima bean sized bits. Softies can grow fast

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Kenya tree took maybe 8 month-9 months to grow from nothing from the last time I cut it down to this . Most the devil hand pieces in my tank came from the big one I got about a year ago, an they all started off as small lima bean sized bits. Softies can grow fast
Nice tank @Sailingeric, which coral is the one on lower left corner please?

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back