How long to I let dying fish and bubble coral remain in tank

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tragedies that I am dealing with. My clownfish is dying. He will not eat and for 3 days he has been staying at the top. Now is is bouncing all over. Trying to swim but cannot. How long do I let him remains in the tank or should I take him out and put him in a bowl with saltwater. He is just floating and bouncing. My bubble coral seemed infected. I put it in water with a little iodide and all of the bubbles have receded. Do I take it out?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tragedies that I am dealing with. My clownfish is dying. He will not eat and for 3 days he has been staying at the top. Now is is bouncing all over. Trying to swim but cannot. How long do I let him remains in the tank or should I take him out and put him in a bowl with saltwater. He is just floating and bouncing. My bubble coral seemed infected. I put it in water with a little iodide and all of the bubbles have receded. Do I take it out?
Take a look at the sticky post, second one down, at the top of this section (or in the signature line below my name here). This outlines background information we need to try and resolve the fish's issue. I will tell you though, what you are describing is a fish that is moribund (close to death) and there really isn't anything that can be done for it - sorry. Still, we are here to help you with fish issues going forward, advice on quarantine, etc.

Jay

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back