How long to leave QTd blenny in aclimation box

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished QTing an algae blenny, and after a final fresh water bath check, he is in the DT in an aclimation box.

I have 2 clowns who don't seem to care at all, and i have 1 CBS 2 hermits and snails.

How quick can I attempt to just let the blenny run. The clowns stay to 1 side of the tank, and the ipposite side has tons of areas for him to make his home.

He seems to be doing great, i want to let him run free

What do yall think?

75g Display

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you follow the full 30 day copper followed by prazi protocol??

If so, and if you have no other fish that may be aggressive you should be good to go

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the 2 juvinal ocellaris are most likely going to be unbothered by an algae blenny?
You never know which fish will be aggressive. My lawnmower blenny never paid attention to other fish when I introduced him to the tank in which I had a pair of clownfish among others. On the other hand, I have a sailfin tang that gorged himself on a very large 2 head xenia when I've always thought tangs were completely reef safe.

While it is best to avoid some fish which are very agressive, particularly to new adds of the same species, the best you can do is carefully observe all of the fish anytime a new fish is introduced, and to have plenty of hiding places.

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank dynamic has changed, my CBS for the first time cleaned my clowns, and the Blenny, right after lights out. I've seen the clowns try to get that attention, and idk maybe I've missed it before, but it was cool to finally see it do it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back