How long until worry about not seeing new yellow coris wrasse?

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put in a yellow coris wrasse on Saturday. I fed him while drip acclimating to make sure his belly was full. He swam around in the tank for probably 2-3 min and then (I assume) went into the sand bed. I also had some anemone and an urchin to acclimate so I missed the flurry of sand they always make.

He has not come out since Saturday at noon. How long until I should start to be worried ? I doubt if the little dude is coming out at night to eat, so I know he has to at least be gettin hungry for a lil snacky poo. Looking for other peoples experiences mostly but any information is helpful appreciated and welcomed

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he's in the sand, he will come out when he starts to feel safe. Just recently, I had a newly acquired wrasse spend 3 days in the sand. Once his hunger took over his senses, he realized there weren't any predators to be afraid of.

As long as you have rockwork that he can run to for safety, and assuming he's healthy it's only a matter of time before he's out and about.

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a ton of rock work and I am hoping he is just a little shy. Only one school yard bully a kole tang, but she does not really bother anyone but on rare occasions when they look at her wrong. Everyone else is peaceful and happy

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all who were worried - “pineapple” has decided to make himself known :) he was buried for almost 72 hours. I bet he has a sore neck

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my wrasse always goes into hiding after every feeding, scared little fella if i put my hands in the tank

scottkoji

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any experience with yellow corris but i currently have a pink streaked and a possum wrasse in my tank and they both took about a week (maybe more) before coming out into the open after being added to the DT. We thought they were both goners in the days after adding but now they're both out all the time and super happy.

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanarus was first wrasse. He did not hide. My leopard hid but was out the next morning. I think pineapple is smaller and thus more nervous. I’ll give him a little pep talk when I’m home.

“that one is Dori she’s mean but fat and slow.”
“That corner is where Dori poops. Yes I know she is a fish but she has cat-like bathroom habits. Just avoid the area.”

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

• I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back