How long will frozen mysis shrimp last thawed in the fridge?

Aboynamedsous2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on vacation soon and will need a tank sitter. Unfortunately I have a picky eater that only eats frozen food. My question is how long and what is the best way to store thawed mysis shrimp in the fridge. Thanks in advance!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would just portion cubes ahead of time and leave them frozen like in a pill box. Most frozen foods start to stink to high heaven after being thawed at length.
I was going to mention this as well! I have found this is the most simple and cheap way to organize for someone tank sitting while you are away!

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to portion my daily food rations in disposable salad dressing cups and leave in the freezer. We use PE Mysis in our foods and distribute their products to retailers as well. The high lipid content of the PE Mysis means it can begin to degrade and break down faster than some foods after thawing. It is not recommended by the manufacturer to be kept in a thawed state. All frozen foods are safer when thawed for each feeding verses storing in the fridge for days at a time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 5.24.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 5.24.14 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
Back