How many AI Primes for acropora in innovative marine fusion 20?

NanoReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I currently have one ai prime on my innovative marine fusion 20. I am starting to get into acropora and I currently have a green slimer that is growing well. Do you think I should add an additional prime for more PAR and spread?

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of a new light, I'd buy a bigger tank. Acros are very temperamental, and small tanks like an IM 20 are extremely difficult to keep steady. It is super easy to have temp swings or Alk swings in them. Things like this can kill acros very quickly. The only way to know if you need more light is to use a PAR meter.

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have acropora
yes.
Instead of a new light, I'd buy a bigger tank. Acros are very temperamental, and small tanks like an IM 20 are extremely difficult to keep steady. It is super easy to have temp swings or Alk swings in them. Things like this can kill acros very quickly. The only way to know if you need more light is to use a PAR meter.
But agree with all the above regarding stability

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a IM 10 with one AI prime 16HD over it, I have grown acropora in it for over a year. I also have a IM 20 peninsula with 2 AI prime 16 HDs over it that I have also grown acropora in for over a year.
On the IM10(no skimmer in it) I change 2 gallons of water a week(how's that for stability) and that's it.

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be doing overkill, but I have 3 on my nuvo20 (well the third is arriving this week).

16HD in the center, and normal HD’s on the right/left - these are at lower intensity than the 16HD which acts as the primary source.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 23" long, that's more than I would try to light with a single Prime if doing Acros.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in this same boat - want to make sure I have the right lights for my tank size for all of the high demand corals. I'm going with a 150w MH with an AI Prime HD on either side though. It's good to see/hear that people are having success with 1 and 2 Primes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back