How many camel and peppermint shrimp is too many

Radreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I have a 55 gallon reef tank and that I just recently started adding shrimp to. Currently I have 2 camel shrimp and 1 peppermint shrimp. I want to have a hearty shrimp population without overstocking. I’m looking for some opinions on how many shrimp I can add to this tank. The tank has rock work that I built to have many holes and caves and below is the current fish/anemone population in the tank:

1 blue spotted puffer
2 pajama cardinals
1 lawnmower blenny
1 clown
1 orange tube anemone
1 rock flower anemone
1 bubble tip anemone

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your puffer doesn't bother the shrimp? I would think you could add more shrimp as long as they don't become puffer lunch and there is adequate food in the tank for them.

Upvote 0

Tony11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your puffer doesn't bother the shrimp? I would think you could add more shrimp as long as they don't become puffer lunch and there is adequate food in the tank for themyiu
Hi guys,
I have a 55 gallon reef tank and that I just recently started adding shrimp to. Currently I have 2 camel shrimp and 1 peppermint shrimp. I want to have a hearty shrimp population without overstocking. I’m looking for some opinions on how many shrimp I can add to this tank. The tank has rock work that I built to have many holes and caves and below is the current fish/anemone population in the tank:

1 blue spotted puffer
2 pajama cardinals
1 lawnmower blenny
1 clown
1 orange tube anemone
1 rock flower anemone
1 bubble tip anemone
Your camel shrimp do not pick on your corals? Be careful, they are not considered reef safe.

Upvote 0

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

1 blue spotted puffer
2 pajama cardinals
1 lawnmower blenny
1 clown
1 orange tube anemone
1 rock flower anemone
1 bubble tip anemone

If you have corals, one camel is too many. For peps, you can probably get away with 4-5, but beware that they might go after corals as well if they get too hungry.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Radreefer

Radreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s weird they were sold to me as reef safe. I haven’t seen them touch the corals yet. And no the puffer minds his own business. I’ve never seen him bother any of my inverts. It’s prefers to graze on the seaweed I put in. Sometimes won’t even go for the musics shrimp I feed everyone else. I didn’t end up getting any more shrimp but the ones I’ve got in there have been doing great. Both the camels keep to their spot by the anemones for the most part

Upvote 0

MagicMiller72

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

1 blue spotted puffer
2 pajama cardinals
1 lawnmower blenny
1 clown
1 orange tube anemone
1 rock flower anemone
1 bubble tip anemone
You can have as many of those as you'd like considering you have the food source for them all. They are community Shrimp so more than two is ok, but I'd try to keep up in an odd number like 3&3 or 7&5...but again keep in mind food source and availability

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back