How many Eviota gobies in a 7 gallon?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im setting up a little 7 gal cube for the mean time as a placeholder for something else, and was wondering how many Eviota gobies would be "the max"? They'd be one of the species from Biota, i was thinking 2 but would 3 be pushing it?

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You would probably be fine with 3 once the tank is mature, assuming you aren't aiming for super low nutrients. Get the tank nice and established, though, not just freshly cycled. Pods, algae, etc.

3 is reasonable, and if you have a lot of nutrient-using things like macros and soft corals, more might be possible. Eviotas are super tiny, and like to be in groups.

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would probably be fine with 3 once the tank is mature, assuming you aren't aiming for super low nutrients. Get the tank nice and established, though, not just freshly cycled. Pods, algae, etc.

3 is reasonable, and if you have a lot of nutrient-using things like macros and soft corals, more might be possible. Eviotas are super tiny, and like to be in groups.
That's awesome to hear, since it's going to be a macro tank so elevated levels are welcome lol
It'll be a while before I get the fish since I want the Macros to grow out first, but thats great to hear

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh, yeah, definitely at least 3 in a macro tank. The three main things to consider when stocking fish are the amount of space the fish needs, the issue of territorial behavior, and the bioload. Bioload is last because it can be compensated for by filtration, frequent water changes, and nutrient usage. Eviotas don't need a ton of space (though be sure it's not crammed so they can't go anywhere), and they shouldn't be territorial. Which means, as long as nutrients aren't going too high with them, it's a reasonable amount of 'em to have.

Mflores888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank you for introducing me to this species of goby. In the years I've been in the hobby I never heard of them. Will definitely get a few

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back