OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the correct answer. And for me, ‘bigger’ means an adult ocellaris or cardinal, or if really pushing it a pygmy angel. Smaller would be most gobies, smaller blennies, fire fish, etc. When I look on the biocube group on FB, there are constantly people posting their tanks that have 2 or 3 (I’ve seen as many as 5) tangs in a 32 gallon biocube, it’s just wrong.

Right now I’ve got a 28g nano cube, and it’s got a banggai Cardinal, six line, pink bar goby, and a Tailspot blenny, I may add one or two more small fish (thinking a ruby red dragonet and/or a fire fish), but I’m not married to the idea either.
Ideally I’d like to add a fire fish, yellow head jawfish, some clown gobies and a green chromis but I feel like it would be a fish or two over cause I got the six line and a clown fish now. Oh and ya putting just one tang in a tank like that is pretty messed up like ya I would love a blue tang but just too much for a tank that size.

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure how much the number itself it's meaningful to define bioload. A tiny fish probably will eat and poop less than a big one. Also if you have a lot of stuff feeding on the nutrients released by fish it can be different. In my 32g long tank I only have one sixline, a YWG and a bicolor blenny. But when I look at the sixline I feel that it's too small for him, and he swims always in the territory of the YWG, which is angry all the time for that

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cardinals are ugly in my opinion.
I used to think this too, but I now think that they (the banggai and pajama) are two of the prettiest fish in the hobby. To me they both look like real life traditional Japanese watercolor paintings (if that makes sense). I think both species are just really visually interesting.

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it’s crazy I’ve seen people have like 6 fish in a 32 and I’m like how the hell but there tank looks great so I’m like alright. I know the yellow clown goby doesn’t get very big so I know that would probably let me get 5 but if I didn’t anymore it would still be like a small fish. Probably a green chromis or another clown goby. Thought about doing a fire fish but never had luck with them.
Neon gobies are pretty small. As for care I've read they are very hardy but I haven't personally cared for one yet. It is definitely an upcoming addition to my 20 g though

OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a royal gramma? Pop of purple and yellow
I have thought about it but I got the six line wrasse and for my pop of yellow I want a yellow clown goby there cool to watch scoot around the tank and thru the rocks use to have one a long time ago and it use to like to hang out in gsp.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4-5 typical nano fish is a good number for around 30 gallons. It’s more about territory and type of fish than bioload.

The sixline and clown may or may not welcome new fish. Some of the fish you want are fairly peaceful and should have went in first.

OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4-5 typical nano fish is a good number for around 30 gallons. It’s more about territory and type of fish than bioload.

The sixline and clown may or may not welcome new fish. Some of the fish you want are fairly peaceful and should have went in first.
Ya I’m only worried about the six line the clown stays in his like own corner and gets along with the wrasse and the fish I want will probably only go in the wrasses rocks and then yellow head jawfish will just make its own hole so not worried about that

bxclent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering how many fish you can have in a 32 gallon biocube that won’t be too heavy of a bio load on my corals. Currently have a clown and a six line wrasse but for sure wanting to get a yellow clown goby and a yellow head jawfish. Would like more fish then that but feel like that would definitely be too much then.
Hello, I'm a new to the 32 Biocube also. I plan on having 4 small fish, some inverts and corals. Right now I have a pair of mated Percula clownfish . I plan on a Orchid Dollyback or Royal Gamma. I'm not sure about the fourth fish....opinions ?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm a new to the 32 Biocube also. I plan on having 4 small fish, some inverts and corals. Right now I have a pair of mated Percula clownfish . I plan on a Orchid Dollyback or Royal Gamma. I'm not sure about the fourth fish....opinions ?
Some kind of blenny ( I have a tail spot blenny and bi colour blenny in my 80 gallon,tailspot chased bi colour around rocks like crazy for a week as tail spot introduced first but after a week get on fine and tag team my coral beauty when it's trying to pick of the rocks ^_^ )
Could get some kind of goby/ pistol shrimp like ywg + tiger pistol or yasha goby + candy cane pistol.they cool to observe how goby chases other fish away ir darts back in burrow depending in fish,and shrimp works constantly tidying burrows or making new entrances and keeps half the sand in tank super clean as constantly turning it over.
I've never had one and you will have to check if can go in your tank but some kind of possum wrasse as be active hunting bugs in and around your rocks rather than just small fish that stay in or on your rocks ,
Some kind of small clown goby,get them in different colours.

Goodluck ^_^

OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the yellow head jawfish now just waiting for my store to get a yellow clown goby cause I like how they scoot around the tank and just chill. Wanna get my clown a partner as well. And if I get another fish might be a green chromis. But if I were you I would definitely get a small 6 line wrasse for your tank they have cool colors and cool to watch move thru the rocks. And there good about picking stuff off of corals that might annoy them.

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the yellow head jawfish now just waiting for my store to get a yellow clown goby cause I like how they scoot around the tank and just chill. Wanna get my clown a partner as well. And if I get another fish might be a green chromis. But if I were you I would definitely get a small 6 line wrasse for your tank they have cool colors and cool to watch move thru the rocks. And there good about picking stuff off of corals that might annoy them.
The clown gobies i had were a nightmare for my corals. The yellow clown picked my favorite favia to irritate almost to death before I got it out and the green clown goby was doing the same to a orange leptastrea.

Jt05taylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is this person on IG i sometimes see pictures of in my “discover” section. he has like 15-20 fish in a 20 GALLON. but he has A LOT of coral framed in there and states they help greatly with the bio load.

as for stocking ideas, fire fish are okay if you provide a bit of rock work for them to hide and feel safe to venture out. too little and they’ll always be shy. look at the liveaquaria website under the “nano fish” category. you can find some good ideas for stocking that 32Cube
I currently have 9 fish in my bio cube with 30 corals, I'm running an algea scrubber also and a big deresa Clam to help eat up excess nitrates with 34lbs of live rock, nitrate filter pad and a heavy charcoal sack in my downflow section of the 3 compartment filter. I also do water changes every 2 weeks... As it is my levels always test perfect andy coral and fish are thriving. It's all about how well you maintain it with a heavier bio load. Just requires more maintenance. I'm moving to a 90 gallon red sea tank in a few months so I got all little baby fish rn because I knew I was expanding to about the bigger tank with 250lbs of liverock

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back