- May 17, 2020
- Reaction score
The answers are going to vary on this one and be subjective but I thought, what the hey let's see what the reefing world has to say on the subject of MOTHER COLONIES! I'm not here today to judge those who like to frag frags because I've done it before and heck if you're good at it and are producing a ton of coral then go for it! But today isn't about tiny frags, rather it's about MOTHER COLONIES! Not brother colonies but mother colonies! Please keep it constructive and let's see what everyone thinks about it! Deal?
1. In your opinion how big does a coral need to be for it to be considered a mother colony? Answer the following and anything else you wish!
2. How many coral "colonies" do you currently have based on your answer from the previous question?
- Acropora: How many inches and stalks?
- Zoanthids: How many polyps?
- LPS: How many heads on a torch?
- Soft Coral: How many inches for a toadstool leather?
- Montipora: How many inches for a Monti Cap?
image via @Reefiness
I really don't have an answer but I still wanted to say that I love this picture and if I can ever grow a coral that looks half as good as that then I'll know that I finally won at reef keeping!