How many of you buy pre-quarantined fish? I'm a fan!

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An immune tank will not ever have any disease problems but it doesn't happen overnight and a few steps have to be followed for this to work.

I’m a barefist them and throw them in the DT kinda guy also, but that’s ummmm… let’s just say a pretty bold statement.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys get pre QTed fish?

I get my fish without QT, but I don’t QT and never have as it’s a pain to do it correctly (ontop of getting the fish through it without stressing and dying) and even if done correctly it won’t stop disease as you have to QT everything from fish to even the sand and rock.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also love the Paul B method :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: But the vast majority of tanks I see on these forums should quarantine or buy quarantined fish. Most tanks are not mature enough, set up correctly or fed correctly for my method. Just the fact that so many people have problems with diseases confirms that.

An immune tank will not ever have any disease problems but it doesn't happen overnight and a few steps have to be followed for this to work. Having said that, I feel an immune tank should be the ultimate quest of every reef keeper as that is the ultimate goal. To have fish only die of old age....Or your cat eating them. :anguished-face: So I am happy that some places sell pre Quarantined fish. :)

glad we are on the same page there. I 100% agree
my plan is to buy Qted fish as i did not go with real LR but then will feed them live foods to get there gut bac. up to par so hopefully over time they my become immune.

happy reefing my friend!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a barefist them and throw them in the DT kinda guy also, but that’s ummmm… let’s just say a pretty bold statement.
All true statements are Bold. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys get pre QTed fish?

I get my fish without QT, but I don’t QT and never have as it’s a pain to do it correctly (ontop of getting the fish through it without stressing and dying) and even if done correctly it won’t stop disease as you have to QT everything from fish to even the sand and rock.
No I qt my fish and also do qt for a LFS occasionally.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back