How many of you guys have tried out the Exact iDip Marine kit. What's been your experience?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking about picking up one of these. I really like the simplicity of it. I'm your classic lazy reefer, and not very good about testing regularly. I'm also a bit OCD and always wondering if I'm guilty of human error when it comes to using test kits. I know...I know...if I'm doing it as instructed, I shouldn't worry...but darn it, I hate matching colors!! And this would eliminate that worry. So how many of you have tried it out, and what's been your experience?

1.jpg

This is their data sheet which lists the margin of error for each test. I think it looks pretty solid.

2.jpg

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bumping this up for the morning crew :D

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hadn't heard of this either, hoping a few users can chime in!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Imma bump this one more time...

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this an ad?
LOL Nope. I'm interested in buying one and looking to see what kind of experience people have had with them.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Daniel,

I have not looked into them recently. I make lazy look enthusiastic.:) So I was looking at Hanna a while back to switch from salifert. Came across this one. Randy did not seem impressed, but 3 years is a long time @Randy Holmes-Farley

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/exact-dip-vs-hannah.315739/
Yeah. I know they've been working on it. I've been following them at a lot of the reef shows, and it seems to have been improved a bit since then, but I haven't followed enough to really speak to how far. I just was looking at the current data sheet and thought it looked really solid. Maybe I need to test one out and report back...

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I know they've been working on it. I've been following them at a lot of the reef shows, and it seems to have been improved a bit since then, but I haven't followed enough to really speak to how far. I just was looking at the current data sheet and thought it looked really solid. Maybe I need to test one out and report back...

I would volunteer but looking at the fact it works with an app sounds way to advanced tech for me:D. I still use hydrometers.

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please do!!! I can’t wait it to heat all about it in GREAT detail!!!! Hahaha. Please? Hehe

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should do this for your reef2reef family so we can know if we should go and buy one too!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just acquired one

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 114 58.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.6%
Back