How many of you guys have tried out the Exact iDip Marine kit. What's been your experience?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok so when will you start using this? When can we expect you to report back? I’m really curious because I hate testing!
If it helps, i went after it because a local club member has had nothing but accurate results and his tank shows.
@Coralfuture

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it helps, i went after it because a local club member has had nothing but accurate results and his tank shows.
@Coralfuture
This is great!!! But I expect a full report of a weeks worth of testing backed by icp among other backing please and thank you. I’ll expect it by the end of next week! K thanks!.... Hahahaha.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as well. Making my plans for my testing regime with the new build. I actually heard about this from Reef News Network. I think it was the host Peter who had one and said it was very nice

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes. had a little hickup getting hooked up to the phone but with some searching figured it out especially with notifications and calendar settings. I found that were were charges/costs for accessing certains tests (copper, calcium, alk-Beta Version) through the app at $4.99 each. After the cost of the kit- not sure why we have to pay more ?
user profile was easy to setup , however customer profile was a pain.
I was completely lost but there is a help page called instructions which will guide you through the test procedure. The bluetooth process was also a pain in getting connected.
You Can save your info which is one nice feature as well as using it for comparison later. I was not sure if I was doing it right as the numbers didnt seem right and I am awaiting a personal acquaitance to stop over and demonstrate the testing for me

ru4serious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates is accurate to 20% that not bad if your under 5ppm how does compare to accuracy of other Nitrate test kits

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. had a little hickup getting hooked up to the phone but with some searching figured it out especially with notifications and calendar settings. I found that were were charges/costs for accessing certains tests (copper, calcium, alk-Beta Version) through the app at $4.99 each. After the cost of the kit- not sure why we have to pay more ?
I was completely lost but there is a help page called instructions which will guide you through the test procedure. The bluetooth process was also a pain in getting connected.
You Can save your info which is one nice feature as well as using it for comparison later. I was not sure if I was doing it right as the numbers didnt seem right and I am awaiting a personal acquaitance to stop over and demonstrate the testing for me
Well I can’t wait to see what ya think and how accurate you believe it to be. I will assume you will compare idip with other test kit results. I’m seriously considering this thing.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, this week I finally pulled the trigger on this kit. I'm waiting on it to arrive now. I'll post more once I ave a chance to play with it. They were running a 15% discount, so I decided to go for it.
Were those one time purchases, or was it a "You must pay 5$ everytime you want to test copper" things?
It's a one-time charge. They also have a bundle on the Marine kit so you can buy all the tests for $23.99 instead of $4.99 each.

nashlake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the marine starter kit, Pacific East uses them, they have a video on their water testing. I have ICP test kits as well and it will be interesting to see how they compare

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @vetteguy53081 any updates for us on this test kit? Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Thank you!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thank you for the quick reply. So you would recommend it?

nashlake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it in a few days ago and got it set up last night. Only ran the alk test. The idip was 8.9 dKh and and Hana was 8.6.
Not sure which was correct but the unit is easy to use and clean.
So far I like the unit

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really thinking of getting one of these to replace all the individual testers. So I thought I’d give this thread a bump

Anyone able to add your experience using this tester?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%

Back