How many of you have at least one Wrasse in your reef tank?

How many of you have at least one Wrasse in your reef tank?

• Yes I have at least one wrasse in my reef tank.

Votes: 477 71.4%
  • No I do not.

Votes: 76 11.4%
  • No but I will in the future.

Votes: 107 16.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do have any dwarf angels with your Melanarus. I read they are not compatible and I would like to add a memxnarus. I have a bells angel. Thank you.
I don't, I just have a Copperband, clown pair and anthias. I have seen them in other tanks with dwarf angles but I can't speak on if they were fairly compatible.

Nheko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six line that is a model citizen.

Me too. I introduced it second to last and he is a good tank mate.

The only thing that I find odd is that if I turn my power head off he will go inside to inspect it and I have to wait until he’s done cleaning it to turn it back on.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one of mine
DSC_6537.jpg

reefcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a new leopard wrasse currently 25 hours in and is still buried under a rock. Was out and about for maybe 30 minutes but was getting harassed a bit by Falco hawkfish. Hoping to see it out swimming soon. Nerve wracking

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Eibli angel with Melnaurus wrasse no issues so far.
I've been contemplating having a QOTD today or not. I'm sitting here in my Reef Therapy hat and Reef Builders shirt (thinking about Jake) typing and deleting and retyping again. It's proving to be very hard to try and "get back to reefing" considering the recent loss of our friend Jake Adams but this week I think he would be happy with the topic we have planned from the beginning of the year and would want us to continue to learn and share. Jake really knew fish and he knew his wrasses so let's talk about them today!

Do you have at least one wrasse in your reef tank and if so which one?

Follow up: Are you happy with your decision to include wrasse fish into your aquarium?

SUPERMALE LINEATUS WRASSES image via @Reef Pro
Lin SM WYS2.jpg
I only have 1 - a tricolor, Cool fish, nice color, not aggressive at all. Occasionally gets chased by my Whitetail Bristletooth when entering his territory (which are the lower rock openings and nori clip). When threatened, heads into rock crevices. Want to add a Melanarus at some point to my 75 gallon.

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a H. annularis (dusky wrasse) and a Halichoeres garnoti (neon wrasse or yellowhead wrasse) in my 75. I am working on building a new house which should be done late next year and ive got the goahead for a 5’ 125 gallon. I might try to get a Anampses meleagrides if i can find one for a reasonable price or a Cirrhilabrus scottorum. Maybe both! Wrasses are definitely my favorite.

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop one of us wrasse geeks a message and I’m sure we’ll talk you into it ;)
Honestly I think I just talked myself into it- It’s a fish I’ve always wanted since I first started dreaming up a reef tank all those years ago. I also know Jake really appreciated the genus and it would be a nice little reminder of the influence he’s had on my reefing. Perhaps fulfilling a child hood dream and paying homage to such an epic legacy with a little oddball wrasse isn’t out of the question, I remember finding that video he did showing off the three species when I was 12 and was frantically researching what could be achieved in a nano.
So far so good with my captive bred cleaner and I’m tempted on the biota harlequin tusk too
I forgot they bred the cleaner, hopefully many more wrasse species will follow suit! I love cleaners but have never vibed with them like the possums, maybe I’ll just give myself 1 WC free pass for the fish.:zipper-mouth-face:

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My prized possessions in terms of rare wrasses;
First photo is one of the three Pink Streaks in my 3’x16” tank and the second is my beautiful hybrid paracheilinus.
B9C4835E-40E6-4EFF-8958-834CDAB843B7.jpeg

DAC4B566-B990-4135-B83D-362DBA09D56A.jpeg

And the big beauty that I unfortunately lost earlier this summer, a Cirrhilabrus melanomarginatus. This guy was a true stunner with that red in his dorsal, I saw a beautiful young male at a nearby LFS and nearly pulled the trigger yesterday. I called this big boy dumbo.
6BE652F4-DDA6-4234-B02E-0FE3F659CA18.jpeg
Big boy dumbo is looking fine. Stunning

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a McCoskers(briefly) in my 30 long . Harassed to point of hiding under my rockwork. Both Dottyback and damsels picked on him. Have a 60 now, would like to try again with some sort of reef safe wrasse that can handle those tank mates .

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow coris wrasse and a carpenter flasher wrasse best of buddy's and stick together against the dwarf angel (coral beauty) when it decides to chase one of them

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines a juvi birdwrasse. He's quick and hard to photograph lols. Here he is above the Chalk bass. Like I said. He darts around lol.
D

Attachments

• 20221013_122238.jpg
    20221013_122238.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220610_131141.jpg
    20220610_131141.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 23

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back