How many of you have tried Ship Your Aquatics?

FarmerTy

Follow me on Instagram: farmertyfrags
View Badges
Reaction score
How does finiship work?
I just email my destination information and package dimensions/weight and receive a FedEx label via email shortly after. Then I pay for the shipping cost via PayPal and print out the label and attach to my package. Very similar to shipyouraquatics and Shipnex except it is via email instead of an automated website.

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using Finiship for a while now, and have a couple of observations:

1. Unrivaled customer service.
Seriously, simply the best. I've never seen such fast turn around time in response to any of my questions with any company. I've actually had to step up my company's game on Facebook when I realized how efficient Finiship was on their page.

2. Best prices.
As a hobbyist with a serious addiction, Finiship has leveled the playing field for me. Not only am I purchasing different corals from outside my area, I have been able to expand my selling/trading network in order to grab pieces not normally found in my region.

3. Best value.
There's lots of ways to ship. I've used a lot of them before, but found something cumbersome about them all. This is the first time I've not been able to find anything I'm not completely satisfied with.

FarmerTy

Follow me on Instagram: farmertyfrags
View Badges
Reaction score
As a hobbyist what would you guess your average total cost to ship is including supplies?
I use the full enclosed Styrofoam boxes, not cut Styrofoam. They are expensive... Roughly $10/box... But worth it during winter/summer when temps are extreme and when shipping expensive corals. A couple DOAs easily cost way more than a $10 box so I opt for the best I can find. I use the Uline boxes, 1" thick Styrofoam.

Shipping is usually $35-$50 depending on location and weight of package. The rest is hard to factor in as I bought in bulk... ice gel packs/heat packs, bags, plugs, sealer, and tape.

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using Finiship recently just like some of the other guys in this thread.

Excellent customer service and the best rates I can find. Unlike other services that also provide a discount based on their volume rate, Finiship is geared towards serving customers in this specific hobby. So they understand our needs. I know the owner and he is always working to improve the service to benefit the reef hobbyist. He is working on ways to automate the service and inform his customers of potential delays. This will be a huge benefit, because Fedex typically does not issue service alerts until the delays have already occurred.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Finiship is the way to go for shipping.

I mainly use Finiship to ship coral frags but I have also used them when I needed to send in an item for a warranty issue that didn't need to be overnight. They have the best rates you can find with exceptional service.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Looks like I'll give them a try next time I ship.

So you just message them on FB? The page is REALLY lacking info.

Kevin

LukeWolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
SYA is currently who I use for shipping. they are really helpful and quickly respond to emails. they have great shipping prices and they always deliver on time. great company!

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
been using them for years and i’ve always received nothing but terrific customer service. i don’t just shop with my wallet and it’s always upsetting to hear when people do. i gladly pay more for quality service.

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I use Shipstation.
  • integrates automatically with ecommerce sites, ebay, etc.
  • use your own account specific negotiated rates with FedEx, USPS, etc
  • send automatic tracking info emails
  • no hassles over refunds - if it arrives late, I send an email and get a refund

I'd love to hear how the above features compare for Finiship. I know some of these shipping companies don't give refunds if it arrives late, which is a dealbreaker IMO

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE ZOANTHIDS?

• LOVE them

Votes: 386 44.5%
  • Like them

Votes: 238 27.5%
  • They're "ok"

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Don't like them

Votes: 46 5.3%
  • Hate them

Votes: 25 2.9%
  • Other (please explain)