How many of you is not using RODI??

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So started with freshwater and still have two planted tanks. Never used RODI until I started reef tank. Been using RO for my planted and seeing a big difference in color and clarity (and that was only difference). Plus I feel much more in control of my FW tank chemistry and can hit my pH and KH/GH targets much easier (considering with tap water it was impossible to manage at all). I don't use RODI because 12ppm out of RO is just fine.

Just another view point.

Dreamkiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g and I have a crystal water account and I order 6 - 5 gallon bottles of purified water every two weeks for a 30% water change for $48 a month. Works for me

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I'm going to follow you so I can help you with all the headaches your going to encounter. good in = good out
Actually I do have a giant problem right now. I’m trying to grow algae for my snails to eat but I just can’t manage it. I’m running lights for 14 hours a day. How can I grow more algae my dude? Where can I purchase these uglies?

salt2salt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re that dedicated you can read through my build post and offer some advice. Or you can just be an uppity *******. Whatever works.
Looks like you just got the pretty green algae and not the uglies yet. I'll give you some early advice, when you have your cyano breakout. Switch to RODI

salt2salt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I do have a giant problem right now. I’m trying to grow algae for my snails to eat but I just can’t manage it. I’m running lights for 14 hours a day. How can I grow more algae my dude? Where can I purchase these uglies?
feed more, longer lighting period

salt2salt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g and I have a crystal water account and I order 6 - 5 gallon bottles of purified water every two weeks for a 30% water change for $48 a month. Works for me
You can get cheap RODI units for $50 that will last 12/18 months

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your doing just the right thing.
Just be more patient, soon, your going to have all the algae your looking for.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t learn....they are Trail Blazers.
I guess we RODI users have been wrong all this time.
Maybe the new guys don’t stick around to show you their nice tanks. They too busy enjoying their aquariums to worry about how passionate you are about rodi water.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back