How many of you would put GSP in your tank?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How many of you would put GSP in your tank? If so, would you put it on your back wall? On the back of your rock work? Where would you have it?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought some 4 days ago and stuck some on back glass and back overflow.on the glass kept falling off but going glue some to a suction cup tommorrow.still got about 50 polyps on frag plug/ rock it came on.i hear it grows fast but after starting a thread other week i think will still take a year or more to cover all back glass and over flow but we shall see.i think it looks great on all the back glass and will take off plug shortly and put on a bigger rock so have island of it

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 small rocks of it. Trying to decide whether to place as an island or just let them grow. Growing on the overflow seems like it would be cool at first and then a pain later. Kinda undecided at this point.
"It seemed like a good idea at the time..." The stuff can grow like weeds given the right conditions (if it's situated on rock). This is why I keep mine on mini islands. It can thrive - it's just never given a chance to go wild...

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, yes I would
IMG_20210611_182946_477.jpg

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not mention that my desk top tank is a green only tank and the GSP fit the bill perfect for what I wanted to build... and I bought the GSP with full knowledge of the issues that it can cause. I think a lot of people fall into the trap of buying it as a first coral which I really think any first corals more than often turn into first regrets haha

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Gotta have some of that bright flourescent green !!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe. It is easy to kill, for me. It is not like some Z&P, cloves, some mushrooms or other types of stuff that can survive kalkwasser pH and recolonize. I have mostly just been able to pull it off. However, I don't put it in since I do end up having to kill it in quick fashion.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 2 small rocks of it. Trying to decide whether to place as an island or just let them grow. Growing on the overflow seems like it would be cool at first and then a pain later. Kinda undecided at this point.
LOL This is my dilemma. I've got a nice psammocora growing on my overflow now, but was thinking maybe putting GSP on my backwall. A friend tore his tank down and gave me some, but I'm afraid to actually do it... Haha!

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have branching GSP on an island in my nano. My porcelain crab lives there and fans all day. The GSP has been on that island through two tanks and has never left the island even with nearly two years of growing, it just gets more branches and grows more up. When it starts to reach out too far a quick snip with the scissors to a branch or two tames it in seconds. It fluoresces beautifully and has great movement. Zero complaints.

gsp.jpg

Back