How Many Radion® XR30 G6 Blues on a cade 2100 S2 Tank?

Trizz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hay Guys, starting my new build for my new house going with a cade 2100 s2 tank. size is 2100x750x650. in white with two end cabinets
How Many Lights do think I would need. taking into account the lights have more power I was thing 4. would I be correct or am I going to need 5.?
also, should I go 2 mp60 and 4 mp5 all will be controlled by a Hydros system awaiting the kraken to come out.
any help on this build would be Greatly appreciated.
tank is going to be mostly all sps dominant. with some stuff on the bottom and it is going to be a bare bottom reef.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you wanting only xr30's or would you be interested in a hybrid of that + led bars? I personally would think that a better alternative for the price (assuming the xr30 is a must) are 3 xr30's with two AI blades or reef brite lumilite pro's (one on each side). You could also go with a mix of the xr15's and spread those out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trizz

Trizz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you wanting only xr30's or would you be interested in a hybrid of that + led bars.
Are you wanting only xr30's or would you be interested in a hybrid of that + led bars. I personally would think that a better alternative for the price (assuming the xr30 is a must) are 3 xr30's with two AI blades or reef brite lumilite pro's (one on each side).
there the right specs spec sheet all the way to the right-side tank size, have a cathedral ceiling about 30 feet so the lights have to be on a tank mount or try and find a wall mount system that can hold the weight of the lights. I'm open to suggestions
tank size.png

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there the right specs spec sheet all the way to the right-side tank size, have a cathedral ceiling about 30 feet so the lights have to be on a tank mount or try and find a wall mount system that can hold the weight of the lights. I'm open to suggestions
tank size.png

You can start with 2 or 3 xr 30 and add more when need be if you'd like to save some starting money. I would The blade mount would definitely work you went with all blades. I mention those as you'd save a lot of money and get a nice blanket of light. This is also something to consider. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/xho-...vIVcrYovaSUn3ICPGjVWsRRH0uYwAsRwaApIsEALw_wcB

hikebikebrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used 4 x AI 32HDs on my CADE 2100. I'm not planning to go heavy SPS, and they seem to be plenty bright, but I haven't checked it out with a par meter yet. I'm slowly acclimating and have only started to bring in some lps so far and they seem happy.

Attachments

• PXL_20230512_181044573.jpg
    PXL_20230512_181044573.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
Trizz

Trizz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I used 4 x AI 32HDs on my CADE 2100. I'm not planning to go heavy SPS, and they seem to be plenty bright, but I haven't checked it out with a par meter yet. I'm slowly acclimating and have only started to bring in some lps so far and they seem happy.
i was thinking the same thing

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back