How Many Times a Day Should I feed My fish and Coral?

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody really knows how much or how often to feed.

By default, it seems to be whatever feels right. Of course, you should check nitrates and phosphates. And you can pollute your tank. If you adjust feeding by increasing slowly, the likelihood is that you’re tank will adjust over time. Too little and things starve, too much and you pollute. It is a balancing act between all your critters, fish, coral, bacteria, sponges, snails, crabs, starfish, worms, algae and a laundry list of other inhabitants plus your mechanical/chemical removal. It seems pretty forgiving.

personally, I prefer rubenesque fish and feeding atleast twice a day

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an 180 gallon reef, currently stocked with a flame wrasse, blue star leopard, Achilles tang, yellow tang, orange shoulder tang, and a tomini tang. I have an asm g4 skimmer which is overrated for my tank but that allows me to feed 3-4 cubes of food a day as well as a bit of nori. I feed nori a few times a week but I feed mega marine algae, spiraling brine/mysis mix, and either a cube of mysis shrimp or a cube of spirulina brine shrimp. I have a low stocking for my filtration but I’ll usually feed a cube every 3-4 hours when I’m home. I also alternate sometimes and feed NLS pellets one day to raise phosphates and cubes another to raise nitrates.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back