How much ammonia should I add

Doge14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon bio cube and 25 gallons of water went in I also put in a bottle of fritz turbo start 900 that’s why I got the ammonia I have a syringe that the fish store gave me that measures .1s I think it measures cc’s soppuse to be the smaller syringe

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should say on the bottle. Dr Tim’s ammonia is 4 drops per gallon to get it to 2ppm.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a bottle of Dr. Tim’s ammonium chloride It’s calls 4 drops per gallon. You’ll likely need to add some during the cycle at Least once.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
such an easy cycle here, that bac can't fail. add a few drops, the amnt doesnt matter just that they have some.

wait 4 days, ready to add stuff/cycling 2020 is very fast, using the most expensive bottle bac of them all allows for this scofflaw cycle rulebreaking. Chicago is right, they'll also work for fish in cycling which we have covered doesn't burn fish, it opts in to a certain disease method while excluding other potentially better ones, thats the price of fish-in cycling. fish being burned by free ammonia act that way, fast, and then die. thousands of fish-in cycle posts show fish feeding and acting normally because bottle bac people were able to take bacteria that live in water, isolate them, then resell them to us in water for fifty bucks in some cases :)

if it didnt work Id be offended.

OP
OP
Doge14

Doge14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
such an easy cycle here, that bac can't fail. add a few drops, the amnt doesnt matter just that they have some.

wait 4 days, ready to add stuff/cycling 2020 is very fast, using the most expensive bottle bac of them all allows for this scofflaw cycle rulebreaking. Chicago is right, they'll also work for fish in cycling which we have covered doesn't burn fish, it opts in to a certain disease method while excluding other potentially better ones, thats the price of fish-in cycling. fish being burned by free ammonia act that way, fast, and then die.
Thanks man I just added about 5 drops so after I test for ammonia and it’s completely gone will my cycle be complete? or do I need to add more after it’s all gone? or add a little each day for the next couple of days tell it gets to a certain ppm

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Set up my reefer 170 last week and had it filled with water for 2 days to test leaks. Yesterday added large bottle of fritz and two clowns. Doing a small 4 gallon water change right now and will add one more small bottle of fritz just because. Even though I’m certain I don’t need it. Plenty of surface area in the tank for that bac to latch onto and after 24 hrs I’m ammonia free, including a small feeding of shrimp this morning, or so says my API test, but I won’t go down that rabbit hole. Test reads cloudy yellow which is good enough for me. Fish look happy and are enjoying their new home so far!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to pre verify, before adding fish, can do that too: add ammonia a few drops at a time like you've done until the zero level on your tester creeps up, to show some ammonia there.

retest in 24 hours after adding bottle bac, it should go back down to whatever color the ammonia tester read from the pre ammonia sample of the water

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d suggest reading this thread. Great info from Brandon!

OP
OP
Doge14

Doge14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to pre verify, before adding fish, can do that too: add ammonia a few drops at a time like you've done until the zero level on your tester creeps up, to show some ammonia there.

retest in 24 hours after adding bottle bac, it should go back down to whatever color the ammonia tester read from the pre ammonia sample of the water
[/QUOTE
I’d suggest reading this thread. Great info from Brandon!

Thanks for the help hopefully everything goes well wish me luck.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back